Cracked exhaust manifolds... options?

harrsf

Reaction score
During my engine rebuild which is at the reassembly stage, I noticed a crack in the exhaust manifold.

Basically i'm hoping you guys can share some info with me on the best way to get around this... i.e. repair, replace for 2nd hand, new cast, stainless tubular? etc.. Also if an anyone could recommend any manufacturers that would be a big help.

Need to get something in place asap :)

Its an S3 with K04. The crack is across the turbo flange and down the outside but also internally on the piece where the air flow 'splits'? hard to describe. I'll get a photo on tonight when I go to work on the car..

If you want more than 290bhp fit a Relentless manifold ( do a search) otherwise fit a standard K04 manifold. For a little more performance send it to Bill at Badger 5 and have him port it.

Thanks chaps. Im looking at getting the REVO stage 2 upgrade once its all back together, not sure exactly what power that is, think its around the 280 mark? I had a quick gander at the relentless ones last night but could only see them from sellers in the US, and ideally i'd like something I could get my hands on in the next week or so...cars been off the road for close to a month now and its killing me! lol

Thanks chaps. Im looking at getting the REVO stage 2 upgrade once its all back together, not sure exactly what power that is, think its around the 280 mark? I had a quick gander at the relentless ones last night but could only see them from sellers in the US, and ideally i'd like something I could get my hands on in the next week or so...cars been off the road for close to a month now and its killing me! lol

When I ordered my sports cat and DP through Sam (relentless UK dealer) it took 3 working days after payment. The items I ordered from Awesome GTI at the same time took longer to get to me! lol

If you're on Facebook there are a couple of V2 and V3 manifolds being sold that people have in there hands in the UK and that are brand new. Need to search for VAG car parts for sale.