Cowboy mecanics

tazzy baby

Welsh & Proud
Reaction score
I took my car to have a wheel bearing done a few weeks back at the cost of a small fortune.

Anyway for the past few days i have heard a whiring noise from the front end and the steering felt really loose,,,, also was knocking

The track rod ends need changing after the advice of some of you guys
:)icon_thumright:)

So i stuck my head under her this morning and found this
th_DSCF0143.jpg

as u can imagine i wernt best pleased,,,, after all my baby gets in this car.

So called up the garage who changed the wheel bearing told him what i had found and made him pick it up with the truck take it down ands give it a good cheak over and turns out there were three nutz loose and was lucky the thing didnt come off,,,

He pulled the guy who done it to one side and gave him a dam good *** ripping in front of me and appoligised.

What chance do you think i have to take it to trading standards

Wellnow the faults have been rectified, i don't think there is much you can do, I would deffo push for some huge discount on labour on the nex job or something tho

or threaten to name and shame if there is not some cash forthcoming

I got to do somthing if they ave done it to me how many others b4 me have been screwed and may not be as lucky

The company is alans tyre centre in pentrebach next to a company called triumph office furniture in merthyr tydfil

I think if they had turned a blind eye I'd report them but at is was a addressed at the time when you took it back there's not much you can do. I would like assure myself as you said that it wouldn't happen to anybody else but other than warning everybody that used the garage there's not much you could do. If in doubt go to your local CAB... Believe me tazzy, I know what you're talking about.. a local garage tried to fleese me £610 for an alt. belt and tensioner...got em down to £350 in the end which I feel was still a defeat on my side. The work was all satisfactory though, don't know how I'd feel about loose bolts and carrying my kid about... You could maybe try to go down the road of discounted future work , (personaly I wouldn't use them again) or a full or partial refund on the work carried out. Just another example of incompetance and bad customer care.

To be fair they dealt with it and the bloke got a bollocking. That is a pretty good result as most of the time these places will claim it was fine when it left and was nothing to do with them.