1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Courtesy car

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by jdas03, Dec 6, 2009.

1. jdas03

jdas03 Member

My cars in for some work at Audi and have been sorted out a really nice a4, the question i have though is with regards to mileage.

I have it for around two weeks, and i wondered what expected mileages are when returning a courtesy car, do you get charged for using it too much? are there any rules from dealerships? the paperwork i was given said nothing but a friend who had a mazda courtesy car while his mazda was at the dealership got charged for too many miles... Anybody know if Audi dealerships do the same?

Cheers

jdas

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

I did quite a few when I was loaned one and nothing was said.

4. jdas03

jdas03 Member

cheers, i just wondered, i drive 100miles a day to work and back so ill be racking them up no doubt dont want to be racking up a fine as well!

5. golf

golf ***** rent boy
    VCDS Map User

Don't run the risk of a hefty fine, just phone the dealer up in the morning and confirm that there won't be any additional charges.

6. Essflee

Essflee Well-Known Member

When I had a courtesy car there were rules regarding daily mileage, can't remember exactly what they were but 100 miles a day I think would be boarder line iirc...like Golf says, I'd ring the dealer to clarify. They should really have told you when handing the keys over if there were any limitations. I know I had to return the car with the same fuel or I'd of got charged too...

7. dan1973

dan1973 OCD clean

Who is the car hired from. IE Avis/Euro car/ enterprise/budget???

8. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost!
    Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona quattro Audi S3 Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Me and my mate did around 750 miles in 24hours in a courtesy car once, it had 170 miles on the odo, and we returned it with 900+ after a road trip up north lol.

9. jdas03

jdas03 Member

Its from Audi themselves, i do have to return it with the same fuel which isnt a problem. just was not sure on mileage

10. A3Tom

A3Tom Smell my finger.

I made a point of putting as many miles on the brand new A4 Audi gave me when my car went in to get the rusty roof sorted.

Had it for about a week and went back with over 1K (hard) miles on the clock :D

No quarms about the miles on handover.

11. jdas03

jdas03 Member

haha good good! thats wat im doing too! :) not for the sake of it, i just rather drive into work than get the train! normally i get the train to save miles on my car but while its in ill make the most of this new a4! :) lovely car i must say, only thing its a little sluggish sometimes ;-)

12. A3Tom

A3Tom Smell my finger.

The one I had was an auto 2.0 TDi, nice enough but it hardly set the world on fire.

13. jdas03

jdas03 Member

Yer i got the manual 2.0 tdi. Its good on the economy, very cheap journey, way cheaper than the train so im making the most of it :)
    Its a very odd kind of power, nice surge then nothing! Its a diesel i suppose wasnt expecting that much! had a a5 soft top last time 2.0 petrol, now that was a nice car!