1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Courtesy Car

Wai-Fan Aug 8, 2008

1. Wai-Fan

Wai-Fan Member

My A3 is off to the dealership to have my suspension looked at on Monday. They say it will take about half a day or so and they asked me my age to see if they can get me a courtesy car and as I'm 19, they can't get me one as I have to be at least 21 :3sadwalk:. I heard of some dealerships that give courtesy cars to under 21's but is there no chance of me getting a courtesy car???

2. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

I dont know really, I guess no means no - their insurance will only cover drivers of 21 and above. You could always ask if they would consider insuring you if you agreed to a higher excess, or even paid an amount on the day for additional insurance? Or put their car on your policy for a day if they would let you? At the end of the day its gonna cost you a fair chunk either way so you would need to ask is it worth for the priviledge of swanning around in their motor for half a day .....

3. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

That's usually the case for prestige brands, BMW and Mercedes won't give you a courtesy car if you are under 21 usually.

4. rosscotdi

rosscotdi Member

Think your self lucky, my stealer (preston Audi) is under 25's aint allowed. But this flexible! My missus is 24 and i said "look, she needs to use the courtesy the car while ours is in so just sort it!"

5. Staz

Staz is a retronaut Moderator VCDS Map User

It's better than Bedford Honda, they can provide a car but they won't insure you on it. No problems if you're insured to drive other cars but if you're not it's a pain in the ****.

6. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team V8 Audi S5 s tronic

my bodyshop does that but the stealers just give you the car but they are both owned by Listers?!

7. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Moderator

You're 19 and driving a brand new Audi! **** me I had a 10 year old Polo when I was 19

8. Wai-Fan

Wai-Fan Member

Oops, nopes, just realised my sig is a bit misleading. It's actually an 04 plate but the year in the sig is when I had my car. I'd rather have a 2nd hand S-Line than a brand new Sport anyway!

Hmmm anyways, guessing I'll be walking from the dealership into town on monday then :(

9. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :) Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group quattro Audi A4 saloon S-line owners group Manual

Wai-Fan ask them to drop you to your location as they normally do that and will pick you up if you ask them and they cant provide a courtesy car

10. tris88

tris88 Member

Better than when I got told age doesn't matter (rang up the dealership before I booked in the service) then got there signed the documents and then got told... "hang on you're under 21" .. "Yes I am which is why I checked before hand and got pretty much laughed at for asking if there was a minimum age for courtesy car" ... Anyway they offered to drop me off which was no good as I have to drive to different offices for work. Ended up getting booked in for a saturday a month and a half onwards and they gave me £100 off for them wasting my time (therefore I will still take my car there as it was one persons f*ck up but they did well to sort it)