Courtesy car today, 170bhp sportback- but is it??!!

sat1983

Reaction score
My A3 has gone in for a new seatbelt under warranty today and this week I was given a Sportback 170.

But I ain't too sure it is tbh. The first tell tell sign is the exhaust- it's not the shiny metal one- it's the same as my 140.

Is there a definite way to find out? it felt faster, but it could have been psychological if you get what I'm saying!

Sportback is uglier than the 3 door though no question but much more spacious and the doors shut with a good thunk whereas the 3 door version's doors don't quite sound so "thunky".
I will need a 5 door next so I guess I'll have to live with the little uglier aspect!

sat1983 said:
Sportback is uglier than the 3 door though no question

That's a matter of opinion, I prefer the looks of the sportback to the 3 door.
Life the bonnet and check the engine plate, or check the manual.
A 170 will say 126kw somewhere, a 140 will say 104kw.
A bhp is equivalent to 0.74kw.

Many thanks bowfer. just checked and it says 103kw.
B******s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Would have loved a 170!

Be a bit daft of them to say it was, coz it would feel like 170 shetland ponies, not proper ones.

Just he says in the 1st sentence he was given a Sportback 170 so someone must of told him as he knew it wasn't by looking at the exhaust! You would hope an Audi dealership would know what cars they were handing out lol

Yes she did tell me it was a 170, definitely! Thats main dealers for you!

sat1983 said:
Yes she did tell me it was a 170, definitely! Thats main dealers for you!

Really?
That's mental.
A less 'suspicious' driver than you could just believe them and end up going elsewhere, after the the alleged 170 leaves them cold.
Daft bint.