1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

couple of things......

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B8 Chassis)' started by jpda3, Sep 17, 2012.

1. jpda3

jpda3 Member

[Sep 17, 2012]
    picked up my 61 plate a little over a week ago..... still to take some photos

in that time have noticed a couple of things.....

firstly, when i open the car and before putting the key in the ignition can hear the dvd/mmi centre console "playing", is this normal?

next up, closing the boot, is it a B8 feature that it requires a hard slam to make it latch, had it back to the dealer and the salesman closed it first time, it took me 3 attempts with a force i felt reasonable or could close the B7 with a week earlier.....

for both of these items the car has been booked in for them to look into further, first they could get me in is 2 weeks time, great service, you can guess what the other half is saying...... got your money now not interested
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. Audi Dynamik

Audi Dynamik Well-Known Member

[Sep 17, 2012]
    I have noticed on my B8 Actually it takes quite a hard slam for the boot, please can you explain further about the Mmi/dvd "playing" ?
  4. jpda3

jpda3 Member

[Sep 17, 2012]
    could also be described as a boot up of a lap top or something been written to a disc......

find it strange with no key in ignition

so the excesive slam could be normal, maybe something to do with the auto opening mechanism
  5. Audi Dynamik

[Sep 17, 2012]
    Yep same with mine, Both Normal, The previous Bmw i had was Seriously loud i was concerned !
  6. jpda3

jpda3 Member

[Sep 17, 2012]
    thanks,i should of asked in here first, before visiting the dealers,
  7. Audi Dynamik

[Sep 17, 2012]
    Mine and the Wife's Audi is Back at the Dealer on the 8th for problems :mad: