Couple of quick questions guys

POC

Reaction score
Long time reader, rare poster :)

Got a 2001 A4 3.0 V6 tip with a strange problem, its stopped blowing air up onto the screen, this was a right pain in the *** over the end of winter!!! All other vent positions work perfectly apart from the upper screen blowers...... any thoughts?

Also, where could I get my hands on an induction kit for my engine? Searched ebay etc but cant seem to find one?

Here is a pic of my baby, just for kicks :)

Thanks, Paul

S73F0202.jpg

wow thats a nice motor mate - sorry cant help on problem though lol.

does it just ignore the windscreen defrost button? If so the aircon control unit itself may be faulty. You should get it scanned for codes.

Thanks guys, well, the windscreen defrost button works fine (ie; ramps up the blowers etc) but no air comes out on the screen itself?

Ok, that will be the servo motors that move the flaps inside the dash mate, might be a PITA to get to though.

When you get in and put the ignition on, you should hear the servos adjusting before the blower starts up, but theres quite a few and so the screen ones wouldnt be audible amongst the others, they should register a code though (I think) if they dont move when commanded to by the AC unit.