1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Couple of questions...

Discussion in 'Sales Questions' started by mehtaman, Apr 13, 2012.

1. mehtaman

mehtaman Member

[Apr 13, 2012]
    Hi,

I have read a couple of posts on here and have some general questions about AMD:

1. Is each AMD branch different to one another?
      On amdtechnik.com my closest branch would be Amersham but I read a post about a user who was not happy with the service from the one of the branches.
      Could you please briefly clarify this?
    2. Therefore are the quote/offers posted on this forum only available AMD Essex only?
    3. Before and After a remap is a 'heath check' carried out on each car?
    4. Do you have a 'while you wait' service or does the car need to be booked in and collected at a later date/time?

Now to a quote request for an Audi A4/B7 Saloon 2.0TDi (140) 6 Speed Manual:

1. Please could you let me know the price of a remap?
      Are there are different maps available e.g. more power or economy?
    2. Could you also let me know the price of an exhaust system?
      Also is the system a 1 x dual tip (as per original) or 2 x single tip, if it has the dual back box, does the price include a rear valence from the 170 model?
    3. How much would it be to remove/delete the DPF?
    4. How much is a performance panel filter?
    5. I'm sure I have forgotten something :)

Thank You in advance:icon_thumright:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. ben@amdessex

ben@amdessex Member

[Apr 13, 2012]
    Good Afternoon,

Without going into the boring details the owner of AmD Tuning and AmD Essex, Shaun Hollamby is also 50% owner of AmD Technik but no longer has any control of the AmD Technik website or imput. The only AmD's we can vouch for are AmDEssex.com and AmDTuning.com. We trade as AmD Tuning and AmD Essex because we wish to run AmD one way and don't agree with how the other half of the Technik brand was being run, hence 4 years ago we started promoting AmD Tuning and AmD Essex.

The moral to this story is don't go into business with family or "friends"! :icon_thumright:

Any offer posted on here by myself is only valid with us AmD Essex. Several times we have asked to have a seperate section on here but we have never heard anything back, we don't know why.

Every car we remap here has a road test with data logging before and after to make sure all is well with the car. As well as before and after rolling road runs. Check out the video on this page AmD AmD Tuning Rolling Road Remap for a A4 (B7) 2.0L for Audi A4 B7 2.0 TDI PD140 Saloon - Avant

We would need to book you in and a remap would usually take about 3 hours, most people leave their car with us a take a stroll round Lakeside while their car is being worked on.

Now, on to your quote :)

The gains are very good on the 140bhp TDi engine and it really transforms it. The figures we gain are about 40/45 bhp and 50/60 lbft of torque. The price of this is £399.95 inc vat. This also includes a road test with data logging to start with to make sure the car is performing as it should and there are no problems. We then carry out a before rolling road run to test standard power. The car is then mapped on the road as well as the dyno to suit your car. After this we finish with a final rolling road run so you have a print out of before and after power.

Not only will the car be much quicker but when driving around normally it will also gain better mpg. Obviously the mpg gain will differ depending on your driving style and driving conditions. The reason for the gain in MPG is due to the extra torque, due to the extra torque you don’t have to push the car as hard when driving around normally. The extra torque means you would require less throttle to get to your desired speed which means you use less fuel. Hope that makes sense, it is one of those things that is easier to explain by spoken word.

Milltek do only offer a dual exit system which is £800.44 inc vat with FREE fitting. The rear valance is £38.52 inc vat. We are offering our AmD Remap half price when purchased with a Milltek exhaust.

A DPF delete and Remap is £699.00 inc vat. We do this by removing the DPF pipe, removing the internals of the DPF and then re-fitting the pipe. This way it looks like the DPF is still in place and working. We then remap the car so it runs correctly with the DPF deleted. This still comes with all the extras that are included when we carry out a normal stage 1 remap.

The Pipercross Panel filter is £35.99 inc vat with FREE fitting,

Hope this helps but if you do have any further questions please do not hesitate in contacting me.

Ben
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  4. mehtaman

mehtaman Member

[Apr 13, 2012]
    Hi Ben,

Thank you very much for the detailed reply and quotes.
    I'll have to plan this one out a little to spread the costs as ideally the exhaust, filter and DPF delete need to be done before the remap for best results.

I shall get back to you soon.

Thanks again for the information, it has been very helpful!
  5. ben@amdessex

ben@amdessex Member

[Apr 17, 2012]
    Good Morning and you are very welcome.

The cat back exhaust can be done at any time really, the DPF delete would have to be done at the same time as the remap.

Ben