Couple of questions so be nice to me

Scottie

Reaction score
Ok picked up my new A3 2.0tdi Quattro yesterday. Second day of ownership and I'm liking her.

Anyway tried with the dealer to get S3 pedals (manual) fitted to the car but they came away with some story about the accelerator pedal being complicated to fit because of the sensors but reading some posts on here that would appear not to be the case. can you confirm this for defo.??

I also done a search on if it is possible to retro fit a MFSW couldn't find anything. So is this possible anyone got it done if so would I need anything extra because of the ipod connector in the glove box.

Fiona.

You can buy the pedals from a user on here called MarriedBlonde. I have them fitted on mine, so do many others all from MB. Easy'ish, just needs a bit of brute force and you will be done in 10 mins

Not sure on the MFSW I had mine factory fitted.

Welcome to the board and I think you are selling your car short by 20 ponies, its a 140bhp I believe

d3fy said:
Welcome to the board and I think you are selling your car short by 20 ponies, its a 140bhp I believe

Oop's can you tell I used to have a 120D 140bhp H'mm no idea other than it is 170ps or something :tocktock:

are the ally pedals genuine audi parts? I'm alittle confused as these are only available 'officially' in the S3, which is only available as manual right? So how can you get auto versions, ie bigger brake pedal?

Same pedals for Skoda Octavia vRS (I Think), and golf GTI, golf is available in both DSG and manual!!

same pedals in the vw jetta too - they are on quite a few cars so will fit just fine - as mentioned lots of people on here have done this mod so you shouldnt have any trouble....

the only complicated part about the pedals is removing the plug at the back of it!

some people strike it lucky and get it out withn minutes! i couldnt do it at all, my mate got it out in one go!

I nearly removed a finger nail in the process but my old man done it in 30 seconds.... (Story of his life LOL)

But in general it is an easy mod and MB is the man to speak with.

Boydie said:
the only complicated part about the pedals is removing the plug at the back of it!

some people strike it lucky and get it out withn minutes! i couldnt do it at all, my mate got it out in one go!

You all thumbs...:lmfao:

ok done some checking on navplus forum and it would appear that you can indeed retro fit the MFSW.

I'm surprised that I can't find anyone on here that has not done this install.

Only trouble is I don't want to loose my steering wheel as it has red stitching on it.

I struggling to understand if I do need to buy a new steering wheel.

I had hoped that it would just be a case of taking off the leather covers from the 2 spokes of the steering wheel and replace with the buttons.

I just wish there was somewhere I could go to and say right this is what I want done when can you do it and how much.

Pedals now fitted. What we thought was going to be a nightmare through reading some posts on here turned out to be a 7 min job so very happy.

Ambient light fitted also and it looks great loving it.

Just got to wait on my mirrors.

You will need a new wheel I'm afraid.

I did this mod to my A3 S-Line Sportback and it was quite expensive.

You will need the following parts:

* New MFSW (buttons included with new wheel)
* Wiring Harness adaptor for Vehicles with MFSW
* Steering Control Module 8P0953549F

You may already have the Steering control module if you Cruise Control,
CD Rom Sat Nav or RNSE factory installed.

My Car is a DSG so my wheel also required the gear change paddles and for the DSG S-line Wheel and Wiring Loom i paid just over £350 but I already had the control module. If you need this as well I think is was an extra £120.

I'm pleased I did the mod but not sure it was a great value for money mod.

Oh, and as you have to buy a new S-Line steering wheel you will retain the red stitching.

HTH

Forgot to mention. You will also need, or have access to,
VAG-COM as there is some coding needs doing to get it all working.

http://www.navplus.us has all the necessary coding information.

thanks for your reply. I would like to retro fit the MFSW and at the same time a RSN-E Nav.

I've the money saved.

The Vag Com scares me a bit and would prefer to get the dealer to do this. Do you know if this is something the dealer can do retro fitting the MFSW.

Trouble is the dealer I bought the car from is hopeless had no glue about fitting the pedals.

Dealers should be able to do this but often will not. I think they're worried about warranty implications.

Depends on your dealer really. My nearest dealer is Audi Lincoln and they are pretty good. The service manager there is friendly to modding.

Don't be to worried about the VAG-COM as it's really not that hard to code the RNS-e and MFSW. I'm sure there will be someone, on the forum, local to you who would be able to help you with this.

The thing with dealers is they want £100 + per hour for labour.

And I'll be ******** if I'm going to pay someone to do something I can do myself.

thanks. well I've decided to speak to my mate from the eastern/Western group and see what he can do for me. although he works for the BMW side. I am sure he gets things at cost with a small % added.