Couple of Questions S3

Chris****

Reaction score
The front seats seem to get luke warm, well hardly hot. Had a TT RS and they were baking hot on full. I have read about this, and does seem common. Will i just get fobbed off? They do warm up, but does take a while!

When running the temp gauge gets to just under half, and when stopped it will get to half way, then back down when on the motorway etc. i take it the stat is sticking, and this is not normal? As the ED30 was fine. Just checking before i throw some words at Audi, as the 145 point check seems like a complete pos!

When driving slowly there is a creaking noise, now seeing issues with the racks i wonder whether its that. Top mounts could be worth doing, and a quick look, theres lithium grease been applied to them, so does look like its not a new issue. Feels perfect, and very resposive with no play at all. Just antad noisey, even going forward and not even moving the steering wheel though.

Sorry just copied from the intro post, but would be good to be armed with some more info.

Also looking at wheels, and the Rotor arms i think would go well. 18's would be the choice, but offset and widths? Seems to be a few, and im sure they are 7.5 ET50 ish would be ok.

Any ideas anyone?

So basically :D

Are the heated seats rubbish in 08 leather S3 seats?

Is the temp gauge supposed to be in the middle, so 90 degrees, and stay there?

Noises from the steering columb, but not other knocks or thuds, no weird feeling through the rack either. Still steering columb?

:)

Any ideas anyone?

So basically :D

Are the heated seats rubbish in 08 leather S3 seats?

Is the temp gauge supposed to be in the middle, so 90 degrees, and stay there?

Noises from the steering columb, but not other knocks or thuds, no weird feeling through the rack either. Still steering columb?

:)

LOL! Chill Winston!!!!!

Seats yes really crap totally normal and temp gauge sits bang centre again totally normal mate

:icon thumright::kissmyrings:

Yeah thought so, but bet i get some amazing reasons on friday when i drop it off :D

Cheers :)

I've got a 2007 and the seats get very hot!
It usually takes a couple of minutes for a passenger to complain about the seat getting hot and how can they turn it off :jester:

Reactions: Compkiler
My seats get pretty warm too but takes a few mins, same as others temp gets to 90° or just under when fully warmed up.

Buckets are crap if you have those. The Ed30 ones heat up quick, stay hot and goes much further up your back.
Do you have uprated suspension in any way?

Always thought the seats in S3 were a bit pants compared to the BMW. Take a while to heat up though.

Temp gauge on mine hits 90 and stays there. Never really seen it go higher and never lower once warmed up.

Need more info on the creaking. Could be engine mounts, suspension. Might not be steering as a lot of things are connected and could affect the feedback through the steering wheel.

My buckets get really hot on setting 6 (2007 8P2) in fact the most i normally get to is 4 on a really cold day

Common that the bearings in the rack go and can give u a slight knocking from time to time or if u shake steering wheel from side to side you can normally hear it

My 06 seats get so hot I only set them to 3!