1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Couple of queries with retro fit RNS-E and Bose

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by Playsatan, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Playsatan

Playsatan New Member

A couple of weeks ago I upgraded my 2006 B7 from Symphony to RNS-E.

I'm glad I did it and really like the sd card functions but have a couple of niggles that I'm sure can be sorted with a little help from the people in the know.

The niggles are...........

• Loud hiss in the car whenever I get in it, this is even before you put the key in the ignition
    • The Gala system seems very sensitive no matter what setting you choose - even off
    • When you start the car the music comes on fairly loud, even if you left it turned way down.

The car is equiped with Bose if that makes a difference. I used an adaptor loom and didn't move an pins but have found the base and treble control now work much better so assume the fabled Bose wire is no longer connected.

If anyone can suggest and hints ot tips I'd be very grateful.
  2. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

3. Playsatan

Playsatan New Member

Eek! Seems pretty intimidating.

I did do a search but had not come accross those guide so thank you for pointing them out.

I've pulled plenty of cars apart before but more the oily bits than what looks like complicated wiring.

The car already has MFSW and factory bluetooth so I guess I could start with the coding and see what difference that makes, if any, before pulling the car apart.
  4. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Yes, I think the guide is designed to put people off doing it, seems one helluva lot of work for swapping a stock HU to another stock HU (even by Audi's standards). I think a lot of it is unnecessary as it's written about a Symphony I to RNSe i.e. ISO to Quadlock where at least you have Quadlock to Quadlock.