Couple of issues, need fixed asap

scotty2491

Reaction score
hey dudes, iv a 1.9 diesel. She went off the road a few months ago, needed a flywheel and a starter. iv recently done the work and got her driving but the hazards wont turn off, the central locking wont work, windows wont work, the esp,engine management, abs and glow plug lights are on. The hazards will go off but only after its been locked and left alone for 5 mins or so. The hazard light works and put the lights on at normal pace then wen turned off it flashes real fast. Anybody any ideas. I havnt gotten it near a computer yet to check codes, wondered had anybody had any similar problems?

I'm probably way off, but I had similar issues on my mk4 golf when the battery was bad.
hazards were going & car was doing funny things with the locks & had lots of dash lights coming on. I put a new battery on & all was well.
Fingers crossed for you.

Reactions: scotty2491
I'm probably way off, but I had similar issues on my mk4 golf when the battery was bad.
hazards were going & car was doing funny things with the locks & had lots of dash lights coming on. I put a new battery on & all was well.
Fingers crossed for you.
yeah same thing I thought, but I bought at battery at 120 + VAT and still didn't help. Cheers tho for replying dude.

Relays are worth a try in the ecu box..had similar problems put every light on the dash on.