couple of a3 suspension related questions

kryton

Reaction score
Hi all
this is my first post other than posting a quick pic of the car a few weeks back here it is again :)

7034556627_b16cdbee07_z.jpg

Now im looking into lower springs for the car, am i right in thinking that my 1.8tsport is already 15mm lower and so if i want a 25mm drop i should order 40mm springs? Also from reading the forums it seems eibach springs are favoured, but does anybody use or recommend any other springs
and has anybody fitted a lcr splitter to an a3, seen plenty on s3s but never the a3
anyway any advice will gratefully received
cheers kryt

Not sure about the 15mm drop as a standard- someone else can confirm that...
but have you looked at Dpm performance for springs? I initially looked at buying lowering springs but ended up getting new shocks too.
Car looks nice mate :icon_thumright:

cheers jay no i havent checked dpm, will do i think 40mm is what im after though. What was required to do your 312mm brake upgrade, was it just the carriers needed changing? did you upgrade the back brakes?

Just the carriers mate. Then bigger discs and your normal a3 pads. Not done the rears as I think you need to hange both calipers and carrier
Speak to Damien at Dpm - very nice chap

Car looks awesome mate! Very original looking wheels :)

If you're after some S3 brakes, I'll be selling my calipers, carriers, disks and pads very soon :) PM me if you're interested :) I bought myself some R32 golf brakes... 334mm discs!!!

Ben

hi ben yes i may be interested not sure how to pm ha ha whats the difference with s3 calipers?:yellowrs4:

I'm not sure what the difference is in the calipers, put I know the disks are bigger so they must have to have bigger calipers too? The golf R32 ones look like lorry brakes lol