Could this be a write off?

gambit22

Reaction score
Hi folks,

new to the forums, purchased my audi 1 month ago for 8000, it sits at 60k. Today i stupidly failed to apply the hand break properly, 20 minutes later i found my car smashed into a tree....

ImageShack� - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Ive had to claim through my insurance, i couldnt afford to pay privately to have this fixed. The image doesnt do the damage justice, the whole bumper underneath has caved in, along with all the metal under it, im not mechanic, but it doesnt look good anyway, or it could be not much, in terms of repairing...

Thoughts?

i would say 100% write off

Unlucky mate, I've done that a few times, but lucky it didn't move an inch. Yeah should be a write off

deffo write off, ask the ins how my they want to buy it back (usually 10-20% of the payout)

get a quote from an indy bodyshop to dozer the floor back straight and replace the rear 1/4

then use 2nd hand parts to fix boot bumper and light

Cheers folks, i was hoping it would be write off to be honest. I have a high excess, because i am a young driver! First incident in 6 and a half years of driving. Hello high premiums once again. :( I was intending on getting an s3 next year aswell. Thats out the window now. :(

On another note, i paid 8,000 for this last month, what do you think i would get offered in terms of insurance payout?

Gutted :( I guess i could try and push them to 6,500.

If they were to pay out 6k, would it not be cheaper for them to repair??

8k seems high, what spec is it ?

Regardless, say goodbye :s Its repairable, if you want to buy it back , and have it fixed, but obviously your (high) excess is coming out of the payout too.

Folks, are those alloys standard? Do certain audis come with them? Excuse the ignorance.