Cost price audi

steve184

Reaction score
Anybody know for certain what the cost price is for a 3dr TDI sport? OTR is £20,080 - so what does a UK dealer buy this car for from Audi UK?

interested.....

If we knew that, we'd all get better deals :D but I expect you can take £2k+ off that price at least...

They get around a 15% margin. But they will give away 10% of that!!

Booster said:
They get around a 15% margin. But they will give away 10% of that!!

...especially if you time your purchase and they need the numbers for the month. I just got 12.5% off RRP on the Sline Special Edition by agreeing to register it in July. I sacrificed my "ideal" spec for a car they could get before then - well worth it for the saving.

Covenant said:
If we knew that, we'd all get better deals :D but I expect you can take £2k+ off that price at least...

Doubt it.

First take off £577 delivery charge -> £19,503
Then take off 17.5% VAT -> £16,598
Assume they make 15%, so they are paying £14,433 to Audi, or a gross margin of £2164.

So they are unlikely to give away £2k of that.

mfspen said:
Doubt it.

Assume they make 15%, so they are paying £14,433 to Audi, or a gross margin of £2164.

You'd be surprised! They do!
The reason being is that they get volume bonus so if they hit target for a particular quarter each car will become significantly more profitable.

If you are prepared to take a car that can be registered this month rather than order one to your spec they may well accept £2k off - thats what happened to me on Sunday. I can't imagine they are making much profit on mine, they gave me £2750 off.

Like all good new car deals, its all about being in the position to buy at the right time and how many sales the dealer needs to hit volume bonus.

mfspen said:
Doubt it.

I, like many others on here, managed to get more than £2k off list price.

I normally order my cars in december for a march delivery, times are tight and bussiness is slow so normally manage to get a decent deal.

I bought Claires Merc during the world cup when bussiness was slow, just before the half year cut off and managed to get a better price than the internet suplpiers along with dirt cheap finance (2.9%) so it wasn't even worth paying for the car with cash as the moneys making more in the bank.

It's all about the timing.

J.

Also remember, the discount you get is off the VAT inclusive price. So for the effect on their bottom line, removed the 17.5%.

We know they make a lot on secondhand cars. New cars must be potentially more lucrative, and with more scope for discounting.

mfspen said:
Doubt it.

Loads of people on here have got £2000+ off mate on factory ordered cars. Discounts of 8-10% are commonplace.