1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cost of servicing abroad v UK??

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by tubtub, Mar 5, 2006.

1. tubtub

tubtub Member

[Mar 5, 2006]
    Has anyone investigated the cost of having their car serviced at an Audi dealership abroad?

I'd heard that it was cheaper across the Channel but it was only when I noticed a new (I think) Audi dealership in Boulogne yesterday it really set me thinking.....

The cost of crossing on the Vomit Comet (SpeedFerries) isn't very much; you can return with a tankful of cheaper fuel and fill your boot with cheap booze and whatever else takes your fancy.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. Kevint

Kevint Active Member

[Mar 5, 2006]
    My neighbour has his Renault Scenic serviced in Calais, but he works for Euro Tunnel and gets crossings for £1. I know the service cost is cheaper, however if it saves enough £ to warrant the effort (and cost of a normal crossing) I'm not sure.

I used to go over to Calais before work to pick up beer and fuel every other month, a return trip on Euro Tunnel used to be £9 that early in the morning, but since the new management has come in all cheap crossings are gone. Also now I have a petrol and not a diesel, although the cost of diesel in France has gone up alot recently.

Kev.