Cost of playstation 4 and Xbox one in UK

rhubarb4

Certified Audi nutter
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Really annoys me why we have to pay more than the Americans for the same thing, I mean it costs $499 to them or £429 to us, but $499 exchanged to our money is £320 and PS4 exchanged $399 to them which is £256 not £349 as priced to us.

Chris.

they are american compnays,

i have a xbox, but ill be buying a ps4 if the controller dosnt feel so crap as the ps3 one.

still good money for what you get. can see these consoles lasting at least 5/8 years with upgrade opions like you can in a pc,

as the board and software is like a pc now

Really annoys me why we have to pay more than the Americans for the same thing, I mean it costs $499 to them or £429 to us, but $499 exchanged to our money is £320 and PS4 exchanged $399 to them which is £256 not £349 as priced to us.

Chris.

We are usually more expensive than most of the world Chris, you need to factor in the 20% vat that's included in the price for buying things in this country.

they are american compnays,

i have a xbox, but ill be buying a ps4 if the controller dosnt feel so crap as the ps3 one.

still good money for what you get. can see these consoles lasting at least 5/8 years with upgrade opions like you can in a pc,

as the board and software is like a pc now

Sony isn't american!

yer i knew that lol,

im going wait till the hype is over and ive heard the real reviews.
once xmas is over and done with there knock £50 off the retail price

Well I want both but can't afford either at the moment lol

Why would you want the xbox. Got some diabolical restrictions

im sick of making this argument on many forums...

i am far from a Microsoft fan boy, in fact the only thing I have in my house that is Microsoft is my Xbox 360...

are there really any restrictions...

People going on about the price when ps3 was extortionate at release... These consoles, especially Xbox one are more than just a gaming machine... You will have everything your living room needs in one system.

The price is justified, Xbox, you receive kinect as well. By the time PS4 users factor in that they have to buy a magic wand/eye controller plus pay for their PSN subscription you are up at the cost of the Xbox one anyway. Funny how all the PS fan boys jumped on the Microsoft lot when they corps doubt Xbox live was a paid subscription. Nothing is said now PS are charging... LOl. Not to mention Xbox live is far superior to PSN and always has been.

The vast majority of households are constantly online anyway, so where is the restriction there... In fact, I see this as an advantage, game developers can update games in real time and environments will become a true-time, loving environment which change throughout the day.

Also,

Really, who actually lends their friends a game these days, most people play with their friends ONLINE (look, there's that word again) and any half decent game that I think I want I will buy from the shop anyway.

what youve just said is the price of the xbone will include live, and secondly why the hell would i want a magic wand of what ever its called. all i need is controller, i dont care if i have to pay for psn, rightly so, i mean servers and likes dont run for free!

do you have laptop/pc im guessing thats running windows?

any how, the price and the restrictions plus the fact ps4 has ddr5 kinda outweighs any fact that xbox comes with kenect, and it has to be plugged in for it to work, so that means if any one wanted to see or hear what your doing then your being there guest. not saying thats going to happen but hey any kind of hacking is possible nowadays psn and live both got hacked.

what im saying is the ps4 just looks better on paper, and as far as im concerned looks like a nicer console, some style and design has gone in to it, the xbone is just a square box!

Personally, I prefer the look of the Xbox one...

Xbox one does not come with live but my current gold membership to Xbox live will carry over... Where as the PSN lot will all have to buy their subscription to use the online multiplayer services...

cloud gaming is the future, Xbox know this, and soon developers will find that not being restricted by a disc will be an advantage...

i don't have a lap top, I use my iPad for everything... I am a massive apple fan boy and openly admit it... Funnily enough, microsofts biggest enemy.

psn have cloud also the ps4 has more computing power with its cpu and ram.

read this

Xbox One v PS4: the complete comparison | Technology | guardian.co.uk

personally i consider the ps4 to be better.

i have a xbox as does my son, but i dont care if i have to swap subscription, its only going to happen once, and then see what comes out in 6-8 years

every article i read just shows time and time again how the xb1 lacks in its computing power and features.

yes i get why they done it, but if i buy a game and then dont like it 2 months later, dows that mean im now stuck with it

ive even bought games in the past, they look fantastic on trailers only to bore me with in hours, so it goes on ebay

so with a xbone game, i have to make careful purchases,

also were does that leave the companies that rent you games! i doubt they will hold ps4 titles of the bat of the launch but they will only be able to offer ps4 games due to the restrictions.

never the less, i feel buying the xbone is like signing a big contract to microsoft, and its like there tell us how we should play and buy our games

well guess what, im not the only one who will stick there finger up at microsoft because the xbone wont sell as many as they hoped thats for sure

and considering ps4 are getting a 3 to 1 pre order fulfilment, its clear to see who the winner of that is.

that said no one can doubt or argue till they both come out and they both are rated.

im a fan boy to nothing, i have a phillips tv, a compaq laptop, an apple iphone and a xbox 360,
i buy whats a,good value and b, whats better or does the same as other manafactoers for the same price.

Last edited:
defo going for xbox as it has the best racing game forza 5 and xbox 360 had much more game available

defo going for xbox as it has the best racing game forza 5 and xbox 360 had much more game available

totally agree and xbox have listened to much of the feedback and reversing some of their more unpopular policies. Not that they were ever a problem for me anyway.

I always thought most of it was import tax and shipping? Isn't the ps systems made In America? Or some parts of it?

totally agree and xbox have listened to much of the feedback and reversing some of their more unpopular policies. Not that they were ever a problem for me anyway.

Yeah the 24 hour check in has been removed and the game borrowing restriction I THINK.

firstly, as to the topic, don't get me started : UK rips us off something rotten here. i've heard us referred to as "treasure island" because companies make so much shafting us. guy at work was in cyprus years back (as an example how long it's been going on), had a tv ad for the Mitzi L200 longcab thing. top of the range model w/ everything was like £18k. released it over here, base model was £20k. as a personal example, i bought a Panasonic camera last year, £450ish here (after a LOT of internet trawling), less than $350 in the US.

as to consoles, bleh, i'm a PC man. the new gens will be good but they're always fixed technology whereas you can upgrade PCs and keep pace. also, i'm waiting for Star Citizen on the PC :)