1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cost of fitting coils

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by turbonutz, Oct 16, 2013.

1. turbonutz

turbonutz Active Member

Hi im looking to see how much it cost folk to get coilovers just fitted to there cars as I got a set for my s3 and would like to get them done this weekend.
    Or more relevant how many hours it cost.

Ive had 1 quote so far and no other garage rang me back yet, but 6 hours is the first quote thats 330+ vat :puke2: not liking that
  2. Kaibo

Kaibo Member

Do it Yourself, £30 for spring compressors, so long as you can borrow a half decent tool kit, halfords pro etc, and have copious amounts of patience and wd40, it's all very doable and gives you huge satisfaction.

Cheers Kai
  3. turbonutz

turbonutz Active Member

Haha a thought about this but need to buy everything for it which I dont mind but wouldn't I throw the tracking off? And I dont have a garage and the days sre getting shorter and wetter :(
  4. Kaibo

Kaibo Member

True about the weather. Even just buying the required tools for the job, cheap gazebo and tracking being done, it's still going to come in alot cheaper than that garage. I like trying to do my own work, learning, saving money and the feel good feeling you get from knowing you've done it, if you're not in a position to do that I fully understand. I certainly wouldn't pay that much, keep looking around buddy.
  5. turbonutz

turbonutz Active Member

finding quotes from normal garages at 100-150 so might settle for that
  6. Kaibo

Kaibo Member

That's sounds more like it, for the sake of messing around if you're unsure then I would go for that as well
  7. crunchie

crunchie Member

I'd rather pay more knowing it was a decent garage.
    Maybe that's just me.
  8. Kaibo

Kaibo Member

Unless you know the garage is good, paying more doesn't necessarily mean a better job I'm sure.
  9. pwilliamson1991

pwilliamson1991 Member

You're looking at 4 hours labour.... So they're charging you £37.50 per hour at £150. Wish I was on that money lol.
  10. turbonutz

turbonutz Active Member

found a solution here, Hire a garage and its facilities ! £15 an hour and if i need a mechanic to help for an hours its £25 !!

booked in for a ramp on saturday, change my exhaust and fit my coils, ive got guids from my fast gti and so forth and if i need help i can call on a mechanic! happy days, hopefully in and out in 5 hours hmmm

http://diy-car-services.yolasite.com/

cant wait
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
    Kaibo and S3_Jacko like this.