Corrr! Blimy!! A3 2.0T is well expensive in Singapore!

jo_sal77

No Comment!
Reaction score
You think tax is bad here... Singapore prices are about 40,000 GBP for a basic 2.0T A3 Sportback. even 115,000 GBP for an RS4.

Just curious... Wonder where the cheapest place is to buy an A3 2.0T and where's the most expensive "On the Road" price.

Most of you in the UK are so lucky, really ... try this for a price:keule:

2007 A3 2.0 TDI (140hk) Quattro S-line (Lava grey Peral effect)
18" dobule 7-spokes RS4 alloy
17" winter 5 star alloy
S-line interior/exterior
hill hold assist
curise control
technician pack (xenons, interior light pack, rear parking sensor)
aluminum ski rails
rain sensor, auto dim mirror
3-spokes sport steering wheels with radio controls
rear seats boot access, arm rest with cup holders

And that is already WITH 7% company discount on the base car and 14% discount on equipment...

... yes yes ... welcome to norwegian living :meeting:

Not as expensive as Singapore ... but still cost an arm and a leg.

But the basic wage is alot more than in the uk so i hear so must even it out in the end

benw123 said:
Wow, that's pricey! I bet the cheapest place is the States for a Sportback.

You are probably right about that. In fact, Audi is in no hurry to send A3s over to the United States as they make far more profit in Europe and elsewhere.

But what we lack in overall costs, you gain in options. We get very few "packages" to choose from. Not as "a la carte" as I am sure you are used to. We don't even have a 2.0t w/Quattro option or TDI at all. My wife and I wanted an A3 w/Quattro. Our only option was the 3.2 w/DSG.

Hi, I am from Singapore and I paid 48,000 GBP for my A3 Sportsback. Went for the MTM 313BHP upgrade and that cost me another 7000 GBP!! It is expensive to drive in Singapore..

With those prices you should be getting a M3 not an A3... Probably good income in Singapore for Audi drivers though....

Pedro

blackcruiser said:
Hi, I am from Singapore and I paid 48,000 GBP for my A3 Sportsback. Went for the MTM 313BHP upgrade and that cost me another 7000 GBP!! It is expensive to drive in Singapore..

Holy shyte, that is loaded RS4 money down in South Africa.:faint:

.:R2theT said:
or TDI at all.

Audi don't sell a single TDI in the USA. That's one of the reasons why they used the R10 at Le Mans, to try and convince the US that diesels are good engines.

Castro_JHB said:
Holy shyte, that is loaded RS4 money down in South Africa.:faint:

For the RS4 in singapore, it will cost 115,000 GBP!! And we already have 10 over units running on our little island.. Avants included!

In dubai for a fully loaded A£ 2.0TFSI Quattro it is 30,000 us dollars and for the RS4 it is 70,000 us dollars

staz1000 said:
Audi don't sell a single TDI in the USA. That's one of the reasons why they used the R10 at Le Mans, to try and convince the US that diesels are good engines.
There are other problems too, like in California, which I understand has laws that restrict the use of diesel in passenger cars because of the particulates it emits. Daft really when the CO2 is incredibly low and economy so good.

Also note that VW sells TDI variants in the US, and has been for a while now, so it wouldn't be too tricky for Audi to do the same eventually.