1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corrosion claim

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by dan77, Mar 28, 2011.

1. dan77

dan77 dan77

Dec 4, 2008
    :banghead:I found 2 bubbles on my rear drivers side whilst washing it at the weekend just infront of the wheel arch, so i took it to to audi, the guy there was very helpful and said he would put a claim in to audi uk, but he didnt think they would go for it, just wondering if anyone else has found anything similar and what your results have been?
  2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. sub39h

sub39h Active Member

May 19, 2010
    my parents' W220 S-Class had some rust at the bottom of the doors and along the shut line between the rear quarter panel and the bumper and Mercedes fixed that all free of charge. they basically resprayed the whole car. that said, i've noticed a huge gulf in the way they treat their S-Class customers compared to other owners. even when my parents bought an SLK (having already bought that W220 and a C140 CL600 before that off the same dealer) we were treated like common muck as if they were doing us a favour by selling us the car. hopefully Audi have a more helpful attitude!

anyhow, if the car hasn't had any accident damage then it shouldn't be corroding. i'd contact trading standards citing that the car is of unsatisfactory durability - but i'd imagine they'll only help if you were the original purchaser or got it as an Audi Approved 2nd hand car.

best of luck anyway. let us know how you get on.