1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Correct steps

Discussion in 'Detailing - Sponsored by Slim's Detailing' started by Mystical.Snail, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Mystical.Snail

Mystical.Snail New Member

I am looking at the wide range of products you can buy and was wondering if this is the correct steps...

Wash -> Wash again -> Clay bar -> Scratch n swirl treatment -> Polish -> Glaze -> Sealant?

If thats correct can someone recomenet a very good product for each set?

Much appreciated!

My Audi A6 is silver by the way

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Active Member

Read THIS M.Snail.

Let me know if it's of any use to you..

I'd: Wash > Claybar > Re-Wash > Polish (which is the 'scratch n swirl treatment) > Glaze and Protect (be it a wax or sealant)

Read the Merc SL600 AMG report I've just posted for a better understanding of the processes.

There are several decent online shops you can buy kit from - for starters, check out the Audi-Sport.net sponsors, Polished Bliss

For your silver Audi, I'd reccomend going down the Jeffs Werkstat route (again, check Polished Bliss for more details..)

4. rowdyboy

rowdyboy Member

5. Mystical.Snail

Mystical.Snail New Member

6. rowdyboy

rowdyboy Member

No mate, prime has only a very mild cut, if any. You will need a decent polish to remove swirls, especially if doing it by hand. Read the guides with the products on the PB website. I have Menzerna polishes and the reults by machine are spectacular, (i didnt have the machine when i did the golf, that was by hand).
    If you have the werkstat kit the process goes Wash - clay - wash - polish - prime - jett trigger.
    Glos if for use after subsequent washes to keep up the shine.

#5 rowdyboy, Nov 5, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2009