Correct paint for RS6 alloy's

DodgeT

Reaction score
I need to do a bit of touching up on my RS6 5 spokes (not sure if they are genuine articles, 18 x 8.5 but do look very good quality).
Problem is, they are not a normal "flat" silver. Nor are they chrome. They are like a multishade silver. A local car shop said they think they are "super bright".
Does anybody know what I am on about and can offer advice on the colour I need?
Seen some Wurth alloy paint which is apparently the same as the std silver for BMW/Audi/Merc's etc, but as I say, it does not look like a std silver.
Thanks in advance.....

hi i dont think they are genuine they seem to stick out a lot. audi do a 2 part spray for alloy wheels ill have to dig out the code for it PM me to remind me ill check it tomm night.

205man said:
i thought that toyota silver was the same colour as geniune audi alloys

alan

as in the body colour, not the alloy wheel silver colour?

Looks like mine are probably not genuine then, as they are not a "plain" silver.

Has anyone heard of super bright silver????

Dodge, go for an anthracite colour, I seen some th other day, I've got the same wheel and am refurbing them, thinking about the anthracite. they look amazing.

Do a photoshop fella.

chris

now

11032007024.jpg

looks good in anthracite - (thanks to baz69birds)

grey.jpg

do it go for antracite fella, its the future I've seen it LOL.

mine are off in a week to get it done

These wheels need to have a new type of aluminium finish to repair them, of which there are many versions from different suppliers. Best match / cost product I've found is Lechler "Sparkling Glass" which needs a groundcoat (I think black) first and a two pack acrylic clearcoat after. Its a very good match to the original colour. Best to get a professional bodyshop to do it