Correct biting point for clutch?

ValiantSaint

Reaction score
Hi. I have noticed in my Avant (2003 1.9 Tdi Quattro - 133k miles) that the biting point for the clutch is in the last third of the pedal. Now, I have no problems in-gauging gear and the pulls away cleanly.

Should this be of concern? I'm worried I might need a new clutch - especially as I've just spent over £500 on parts for the blooming thing! Are they expensive? Any suggestions on where to get one from if needed? I'm in Cambridgeshire, by the way :)

Thanks in advance :)

Vw Audi are usually quite a high clutch bite point, I wouldn't worry. Any sign of slipping yet?

Clutch bite point will be different as the Clutch wears away .. if you think your Clutch is knackered find a steap hill and try set off in 3rd .. if your car stalls your Clutch is fine .. if it pulls away your Clutch is on its way out

High bite is fine, mine got changed last year and is high already, I thought that when I bought it but it's fine. As vr6gordy says, find a hill and give it a boot, see what happens. If you manage to pull away in third the clutch will likely slip like a well oiled o ring!

Reactions: ValiantSaint
Thanks guys. Finding a steep hill in Cambridgeshire might be a problem!

Is the bite on the A4 normally quite a small area?