copper let off with caution after slashing tyres

I

imported_Yaseen

"The CPS said: “ We gave no specific advice on cautioning the officer.

Essex Police said they gave the caution after receiving CPS advice"

errrr ok

sun article

Guys, guys, guys,

In defence of the old Plod everyone seems to be on their back. Everyone feels the need to comment without knowing the full circumstances. Now I don't know the circumstances either and because of that feel I can't add a negative or positive comment.

As Pincher says the guy will now almost certainly be sacked. How many of you out there could say that if you got into some bother you would lose your job, pension, probably the hope of getting any decent job again.

Yes it does seem strange that the CPS have issued no proceedings but how many of you know that around 40-45 percent of matters reported to the Crown have no action taken on them ?

This instance will have been publicised because it was a copper but would we have heard about it should it have been a ned, plumber, joiner, Accountant, Bank manager etc. etc. I think not.

As for being above the law I can assure you in Scotland certainly this is not the case. I would agree that in some cases certain officer are just "thugs in uniform" however they should not be all tarred with the same brush. I have personally seen instances where matters have been reported and tried at court with the sole reason being that the person charged was a Police Officer. This happens more often than not and should that person have been a ned, plumber, labourer etc. then the matter would never have been heard.

Just airing my feelings as I feel the Cops do get a hard time (though in circumstances they do bring it on themselves )

Do you know until this morning i would have possibly seen your point but yet again across the front page of the paper is yet another police officer accused of rape although they couldnt prosicute him ,they believed the womans story and were going to handle it internally after recomendations to remove him from the force they are unable to due to a procedural error and they have no other option but to let him back to work. In his superior words he is a very dangerous man. now maybe thats not corruption but how can we rely on the police when we have rapist and murderers working for them ????

[ QUOTE ]
macca666 said:
Guys, guys, guys,

In defence of the old Plod everyone seems to be on their back. Everyone feels the need to comment without knowing the full circumstances. Now I don't know the circumstances either and because of that feel I can't add a negative or positive comment.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree! people slag the force off at the slightest incling. The actions of 1 officer dont mean all the force are bad, the officer will most certainly get sackd at worst, at best disciplinary other than sacked.

1 more thing, some one steals your car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif, whos help do you want then?

[ QUOTE ]
xmaslolly said:

1 more thing, some one steals your car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif, whos help do you want then?

[/ QUOTE ]

The insurance company sweets all the police are any good for is giving you a crime number after that they dont much seem to care /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ok then! hopefully it wont be the case but lets say your car is stolen, who would you call for help in finding it and for prosecuting the theiving scum bags! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I read a post on here a few weeks ago where a guy bought a car and was then surrounded by cops on motorway not long after as the car was stolen- so the cops do get some.

Unfortunately the police force have ruined there image spending more time on revenue generating and nitpicking small increases over the speed limit on a empty road etc and unfortunately some crimes are neglected and seen as non priority...

I have pretty good faith in the force as a whole and would always turn to them if the need arose, but there is a LOT of room for improvement imho

[ QUOTE ]
Yaseen said:
I read a post on here a few weeks ago where a guy bought a car and was then surrounded by cops on motorway not long after as the car was stolen- so the cops do get some.

Unfortunately the police force have ruined there image spending more time on revenue generating and nitpicking small increases over the speed limit on a empty road etc and unfortunately some crimes are neglected and seen as non priority...

I have pretty good faith in the force as a whole and would always turn to them if the need arose, but there is a LOT of room for improvement imho

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the problem!

They concentrate and spend £millions on "crimes" like speeding, and in doing so, let the REAL criminals get away with PROPER crimes...where people are PROPERLY hurt.

Where is the logic?

Rich

im not a police officer, i agree that the police have earned them selves a bad image with the speed camera revenue game.

the thing that annoys me is that when the police do catch a car thief or a burglar and then this scum bag oes to court, the courst just say "whos been a naughty boy then, slap on thw wrists, off you go, see you next month for car jacking".
Know wot I mean?

[ QUOTE ]
leespears1 said:
the thing that annoys me is that when the police do catch a car thief or a burglar and then this scum bag oes to court, the courst just say "whos been a naughty boy then, slap on thw wrists, off you go, see you next month for car jacking".
Know wot I mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.

Hi Xmaslolly,

I think we all have a point on this topic whether it be negative or positive. Basically, as we all know its not just the Justice system thats F****D but the whole Country.

I think we would all agree (or maybe not) that this country doesn't appear to be run for the honest hardworking people who actually contribute to it. It seems to favour the unemployable, low down scum (and no I'm not slating the unemployed just the unemployable) who seem to be rising in their numbers.

I'm sure we all know the type who have never worked an honest day in their life yet seem to have all the money to drink, go out, spend it on drugs, Widescreen TV's, satellite etc. etc. yet these people never seem to have any worries as the "state will pay it ! "

These are the people who go to court and get off on a technicality, or a lack of evidence, or of witnesses not speaking up becauase they're afraid and its the like of ourselves who end up getting into a minor spot of bother (whether it be speeding, minor Breach of the Peace, etc.) and we end up paying with a large fine. As we all know this happens too often.

Anyway back to your initial point how are you supposed to trust a system that lets criminals work for them. Unfortunately no matter how careful we are in life there will always be a bad element in every workforce. They are a very small minority as you say and not everyone should be tarred with this brush. If a Police Officer knocks on your door you don't know what he's going to be like thats the bottom line. Then again when the Gas man, Electrician, plumber, postman, joiner, even the paperboy comes to your door how do you know you can trust them. You dont unfortunately.

You should just be like me in life and trust no-one....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif