1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coolant Warning

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by kash0, Jun 23, 2005.

1. kash0

kash0 Member

Every now and again I get a coolant message on my DIS. I have checked under the bonnet and the coolant level is normal, no problems with the temperature gauge either. Have absolutely no idea what the problem is.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks
  2. imported_nadger

imported_nadger Guest

have someone read the fault codes to see if its showing an intermittent fault.
  3. marriedblonde

marriedblonde Moderator

When you check the coolant level is it after the cars been running? I've had this before in a golf when it was cold occasioanlly it would throw up a coolant low warning, stop and restart the car it was ok as the coolant had been pumped round the engine.

J.
  4. kash0

kash0 Member

[ QUOTE ]

When you check the coolant level is it after the cars been running? I've had this before in a golf when it was cold occasioanlly it would throw up a coolant low warning, stop and restart the car it was ok as the coolant had been pumped round the engine.

J.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly what's happening. If this is the case why do I only get the warning sounds now as opposed to when I bought the car new? Surely this isn't supposed to be normal?
    Thanks.
  5. marriedblonde

marriedblonde Moderator

Well with my golf it took quite a few moneths before it happened. It went back to the dealers countless times and they tested the system and said it was fine, replaced the level sensor a couploe of times and the problem never went away. In the end I just ignored it, if the alarm sounded I just restarted the car.

J.
  6. JasonM

JasonM Member

Likely to be the sensor in the header tank that's gone