Coolant Warining Light

Azz

Reaction score
yesterday driving back from work i have red temperature light come on saying coolant level is low,

i check the level it is below minium , the pink color. i didnt think the coolant levels decrese , well hardly much anyway over time. how has it gone so low?

do i need to top up? MY66 plate and takes G13 TL 774J . cant find any that are compatible at euro car parts or halfords.

It happens mate just top it up.
This is what you need also use the Halfords discount code and get it cheaper
9E456B37 77BC 4B16 9D80 27A03837ABF9

It happens mate just top it up.
This is what you need also use the Halfords discount code and get it cheaper
View attachment 149104

i saw this one covers my g13 spec.

but its a different color to the pink i have. would it be okay if i mix the color?

As long as it has G13 you are OK. Just be carefull which one you get!!! You can have a dilute yourself one that @welshy_a4 posted or a ready mixed one (below). I keep a ready mixed one in the car 24/7. When I had the S3 I had the 'bings' go off and the message pop up whilst passing a load of wagons on the motorway!!! The message to stop the car asap was worrying :blink: Topped it up and it was fine.

use the code CLEAR55:

Code

Reactions: Azz
Your car is still under warranty and Audi have had issues with water pumps etc. leaking. I suggest you take it to your dealer to do a pressure test and inspection for leaks on the cooling system.

I have a 2014 S3 for which I have just extended warranty.... it's on its 3td water pump!!! Thank God for extended warranty. Approx a £700 job otherwise.

Your car is still under warranty and Audi have had issues with water pumps etc. leaking. I suggest you take it to your dealer to do a pressure test and inspection for leaks on the cooling system.

just had called from local deal and they are replacing the water pump under warranty. im shcoked that this is still a problem on theese cars.

Reactions: amit87 and S32B
just had called from local deal and they are replacing the water pump under warranty. im shcoked that this is still a problem on theese cars.
TBH sometimes the local dealership just changes parts for the sake of it, as they think it's an known problem and and easy fix and send Audi UK the bill! Hopefully yours is fixed by it, but just keep an eye on the levels after they have done it.

In 1998 I bought my first ever brand new car, a S reg Vauxhall Astra, everytime I went over a bump I heard a clunk, when I went in a pothole I heard a rattle. Took it to Lookers and they said it's the exhaust and replaced it...Brand new car :blink:!!! I left the dealership and went over their speed ramp 'clunk' still there :wtf: so I went to another Vauxhall dealership...they couldn't find anything but booked the hours against Vauxhall as a warranty job! Took it to another Vauxhall dealership, an old guy who had been there for years came out, put it on the ramps and had a push pull of a few parts, within 2 minutes he said "That's your problem", it was a great big bolt that had either flicked up off the road or been dropped in the factory, it was in the wishbone arm and was sliding one way over bumps and the other in potholes etc! :)

Coolant level low & didn't you start a post saying your oil is low too? I would be straight down the dealership if I were you.... Not usually a good combo of problems to have!

Warranty job, don’t mess about just take it in.

just got the little beast back, oh how ive missed it. replaced water pump and thermostat. also manged to grab a complimentary 1l bottle of
Castrol Edge Professional Titanium FST 5w-30. Cant complain :)

had 17 plate A5 COUPE last 5 days. wasnt too bad