Coolant light

freezebox

Reaction score
Coolant light came on my car and has kept coming on for a few days now, the coolant reservoir is full, after driving the car for a few seconds the light goes off. Car is using no oil and theres no symptoms of head gasket gone, could it be air in the system as I had it drained a few weeks ago, maybe they didnt refill properly? It only does it when the car is started from cold.

Plug going into coolant reservoir seemed a bit loose so sprayed some contact cleaner and reseated tightly. We will see how it goes tomorrow morning.

Try scraping two metal rods in coolant reservoir.

Reactions: freezebox
Try scraping two metal rods in coolant reservoir.

they both are very shiny, look almost new to me. if the message still comes up in the morning I will give it a go mate. Hopefully it was just a loose cable.

if it is senzor you must change all bottle

I turned on car again this morning and light came on again, i scraped the two metal rods and the light has gone off, a few little bits of grime came off it. Hopefully it stays off otherwise I will buy a new bottle. I bet its a pain to fit..

I turned on car again this morning and light came on again, i scraped the two metal rods and the light has gone off, a few little bits of grime came off it. Hopefully it stays off otherwise I will buy a new bottle. I bet its a pain to fit..

Bet you won't get any more lights on the dash.

I had the same problem with coolant light on in the mornings.After couple of weeks of thinking my head gasket is gone i decided to drain some of the coolant.Left it just between min and max .....problem solved no more warning light.This happened just after a service at Audi dealer,they overfilled it and when it's cold the light goes on

Luckily its fixed now. Thanks to all for help.