Coolant level ?

S3mad

Dark Knight
Reaction score
Hi all ,

just a quick question i have x 2 1.5litre of audi coolant is that enough to fill the system up ?

Yes, that will be more than enough. The cooling capacity is about 5 litres. You have 3 litres of G12+ which would give you a 60% mix (this is assuming the system is completely dry before filling. If there is residual coolant in the block or heat exchanger, then the mix will be more that 60% G12+"

Mixture should be at least 40%, but no higher than 60% as boiling protection is reduced.

I would mix your G12+ with water to 40% in a separate container and then add it to the engine. You know you will have the correct mix then.

“G12+” (40 %) and water (60 %) for frost protection to –25 °C.
“G12+” (50 %) and water (50 %) for frost protection to –35 °C.
“G12+” (60 %) and water (40 %) for frost protection to –40 °C.

Hi ,

Thanks for that info ,

whats the best thing to do try and drain in or just mix it . So just mix it in a jug should i use both the bottles ?

No need to drain. Just mix up the desired percentage of coolant to water into a separate container. Then pour in. You know the mix is correct then. If you have any left over, just store it for top up if required at a later date.
It will take less than 5 litres. I would mix up one bottle with water then see how you go.