1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coolant hoses?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Ben S3 8P3, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Ben S3 8P3

Ben S3 8P3 Member

I won a voucher on Facebook to spend at a performance hose supplier which im happy about.

But im not sure about what to get, could anyone give me some info on coolant hose internal diameter or advice or what to change.

Cheers, Ben
  2. S3Alex

S3Alex Rarely neutral

Not sure if this is of any help...I had all of mine replaced with SFS hoses to get rid of the rather iffy stock collection.
  3. GnasherVXR

GnasherVXR Member

To be honest, on a standard car the difference in performance between (the majority) of standard hoses and performance silicone replacements is minimal (if any). Unless you're tuned etc. I'd stick to the most visible ones for the best effect on aesthetics.

This coming from a man who has (due to assisting in the development process) got £500 worth of Roose Motorsport silicone hoses under the bonnet, lol!!
  4. S3Alex

S3Alex Rarely neutral

I have to agree.....mine is pretty heavily modified,so I went for something that should be more reliable in the long term,but for everyday use,I'm sure you're right.