1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cool Box Glove Box

stevehall Dec 20, 2009

1. stevehall

stevehall Member VCDS Map User

I know this is the wrong time of year, but i got myself a cool glove box off ebay...The one with the cooler section on the bottom shelf.

It has the pipe off the back of the cooler section that i guess connects to the AC.

Is there a obvious place to connect the pipe when I remove the old glove box?

If I put the AC onto Hot will it then turn the cooler into an oven?

2. PetrolDave

PetrolDave Well-Known Member

YTes, there's a rubber plug with a convenient handle which you just pull out and clip the pipe in there.

No, it will still be a cool box!
    The HVAC works by filtering the air, cooling it, then heating it and finally distributing it - the outlet for the cool glove box is after the cooler and before the heater.

3. stevehall

Cheers PetrolDave! I had a feeling they would let it always cool! But thought they might have just had it connect to a vent feed!

Hope it arrives before christmas so it can give me something to do over the festive time off.

4. TorqueTerrorist

TorqueTerrorist www.sprayplan.co.uk

Sounds cool lol

5. stevehall

Got myself the new glove box with the cooler, but before i install it i would like to add the foot well lights, anyone know the part numbers for everything i would need to install footwell lights in the front?

6. stevehall

i put my new glove box in today and fixed the hinge! all seems to be goog! Still want to get footwell lights in!