1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cool Box Glove Box

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by stevehall, Dec 20, 2009.

1. stevehall

stevehall Member

I know this is the wrong time of year, but i got myself a cool glove box off ebay...The one with the cooler section on the bottom shelf.

It has the pipe off the back of the cooler section that i guess connects to the AC.

Is there a obvious place to connect the pipe when I remove the old glove box?

If I put the AC onto Hot will it then turn the cooler into an oven?
  2. PetrolDave

PetrolDave Active Member

YTes, there's a rubber plug with a convenient handle which you just pull out and clip the pipe in there.

No, it will still be a cool box!
    The HVAC works by filtering the air, cooling it, then heating it and finally distributing it - the outlet for the cool glove box is after the cooler and before the heater.
  3. stevehall

stevehall Member

Cheers PetrolDave! I had a feeling they would let it always cool! But thought they might have just had it connect to a vent feed!

Hope it arrives before christmas so it can give me something to do over the festive time off.
  4. TorqueTerrorist

TorqueTerrorist Audi A4 S-line Avant 2.0T FSI

Sounds cool lol
  5. stevehall

stevehall Member

Got myself the new glove box with the cooler, but before i install it i would like to add the foot well lights, anyone know the part numbers for everything i would need to install footwell lights in the front?
  6. stevehall

stevehall Member

i put my new glove box in today and fixed the hinge! all seems to be goog! Still want to get footwell lights in!