Cooking

OldRedEyes

Reaction score
How many of us on here love to cook?

I love doing roasts with all the trimmings, cook a lot of game, pies, trout. Basically anything i can catch/ kill myself, or given by friends who shoot.

It's something like this for me:

2008 - I like cooking.
2009 - Getting a bit fed up with roughly the same five dishes.
2010 - I don't like cooking.

Mine looks something like this...

Sunday - KFC
Monday - BurgerKing
Tuesday - Donner Kebab
Wednesday - KFC(twice a week for KFC, as it's finger lickin' gooood :) )
Thurday - Fish and Chips
Friday- Chinese
Saturday - McDonalds

i love to cook, i love doing salads. made one saturday. marinade chicken in turmeric, freshly ground cumin, paprika, little bit of cayenne pepper, garlic, salt, little bit of sugar then mix in lots of extra virgin olive oil. cut chicken into finger size pieces and marinade for as long as you like, gave mine 30 hours to get it all in there. place onto a tray and cook for 15mins or until tender and ******.

use any salad you like, i use iceberg for texture and crunchiness and i also use rocket but its up to you, few plum tomatoes, red onion, cucumber and lots of olive oil. i use a dash of cider vinegar aswel to give it a zing. when chicken is ****** i lay it on the salad and then munch my face off. nice with a good bottle of oceans edge(new zealand) wine

i love anything which involves tasting good. from KFC to the duck my old man comes home with on a late friday night full of shot. always on the look out to try new things and it helps when there is alot of meat involved as im into meat in a big way, just give me a duck and leave me alone in a dark corner with a bottle of wine and im anyones lol

dont start me off on currys aswel, my old man is an expert on currys now, he loves finding odd back of dark lane shops full of things i cant even pronounce and luckily he a good cook so has come up with some amazing currys fair play, im currently trying to learn how to do them but i cant get my mind off eating the ****** things.

so yea, i love to cook and eat lol

Mine looks something like this...

Sunday - KFC
Monday - BurgerKing
Tuesday - Donner Kebab
Wednesday - KFC(twice a week for KFC, as it's finger lickin' gooood :) )
Thurday - Fish and Chips
Friday- Chinese
Saturday - McDonalds

damn jojo that some menu you got going there, i only wish i could but my arteries are nearly full now from the stuff i eat. i must admit though, im partial to a KFC on a friday night after work lol

I love cooking but cant find time..... Not the best but hey not bad either. Love mexican, Indian...well most things but roast potatoes are my favourite!

I prefer to have my food coked for me! Seeing as the girl friend is out tonight i ****** pie and chips.. :D

I loved cooking and so became a chef....don't do it!! I instantly fel out of love with it as I had to stick to a menu and I hated it. I promptly gave up and now I love it again. Can't beat a lovely leg of roast lamb with roasted sweet potato, parsnips, carrots and ooohhhh Im hungrryyyyyyy :D

I also make an awsome lemmon cheese cake and tiramisu :p

Good to see a few on here, slightly worried about the amount of fast food consumed though!!

Just done chicken, Roast pots, roast sweet pots, roast carrot and roast snips. snips, sweet pots and carrots also drizzled with honey for 15 mins just to make them nice and sticky.

Enough chicken left over for a nice pie later in the week.

I enjoy it, but need to be in the right mood and with the time to do so - hence it doesn't happen too often!

I loved cooking and so became a chef....don't do it!! I instantly fel out of love with it as I had to stick to a menu and I hated it. I promptly gave up and now I love it again. Can't beat a lovely leg of roast lamb with roasted sweet potato, parsnips, carrots and ooohhhh Im hungrryyyyyyy :D

I also make an awsome lemmon cheese cake and tiramisu :p

I was a Chef for 4 years - Crap money for too many hours! Hence why i'm not a Chef now!
I met my Wife at my last job as a Chef - She's an amazing cook.

We'll probably open a restaurant in the future some time!

You have to love cooking full-time and be passionate to do it as a job.

Last edited:
love cooking , And i just love food this is why im turning into a blob .....:icon_thumright:

Hmmm, i love cooking as well, but am always up for a good takeaway, probably the same line up as Jo if I had it my way, luckily I dont and thats why Jo is a Lard Ar5e and Im not :moa:

Like making marinaded chicken mainly, always trying different style,am also recently very keen on aubergine stir fry, its yummy!!

I used to love cooking, still enjoy it occasionally but it's becoming more of a chore cos I do all the cooking for me and the gf. It's not that she can't cook exactly, just that she's not very good at it so when she does attempt it I always end up rescueing her.

I'll get her trained one day!

Just for you Jo ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to love cooking, still enjoy it occasionally but it's becoming more of a chore cos I do all the cooking for me and the gf. It's not that she can't cook exactly, just that she's not very good at it so when she does attempt it I always end up rescueing her.

I'll get her trained one day!

Think she already has you very well trained lol, good ploy she has there lol

I dont get much chance to cook she wont let me in the kitchen unless its to get a beer! Lucky enough for me shes a good cook so im happy

I like cooking, but don't get much time for it. G/friend is a very good cook though ;) Love using my slow cooker though, makes some awesome meals.

being a chef means i love cooking tbh, work is great as even though im still learning and training well gfinishig i now, im constantly experieenting and given the freedom to try new things. but ery rarely cook at home though

Yeah i love cooking i ****** rice and pea's with curried lamb tonight jamaican style its one of my favoirate foods ... i done it bang on to , also i like cooking mexican stew things like that , proper dinners

alot of chicken and lamb lovers on here. and roast's lol anyone love THE ACTUAL best meat in the world......Duck/Goose!!!!

oh yes!!!

Got to love a good duck, never done a goose myself, but i will one day

I had Foie Gras once. I thought I had ordered some small cakes (Petit Four - sounds similar'ish!?!) until one of my workmates started lecturing me on animal cruelty!!

I dont really like cooking, but my girlfriend is so good at it, seems a shame to not let her cook for me! lol

Im really particular about what I eat though, I like to pig out, but I like to still watch what I pig out on. I try to make sure I eat often and have highamounts of protein with carb foods for training etc. Also a lot of veg and all the other good stuff to keep me fit and active! :happy:

Enjoy doing it and like to try new things as well,too many dishes to say which is my favourite but spicy is the key in my eyes.

Well being half welsh and half fen, i like sheep and relatives
:eyebrows: