1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting from Halogen to Xenon

Danny-boy Mar 6, 2013

1. Danny-boy

Danny-boy Member

2. pburv

pburv Well-Known Member Team Glacier Gold Supporter quattro Audi S3 saloon DSG

Hi Danny-boy. Looks the "bees knees" would also like to know if anyone has done this mod also.Some pics would be good .:beerchug:

3. Joe_Murphy21187

Joe_Murphy21187 Tiptronic

Looks interesting... will they be auto-levelling when fitted into housings? If not you'll be in the same boat as 95% of others with non OEM HIDs... unfortunately not technically legal

4. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team V6 TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Team Tornado quattro Black Edition Audi S4 s tronic

I agree. There seems to be no mechanism for incorporating self-levelling & washers.

5. Danny-boy

Danny-boy Member

Agreed, not technically legal and I won't have headlamp washers either.

Better than blinding people with hid in reflectors though.

Basically in the same boat as if I bought OEM xenons really.

6. Chris92

Chris92 New Member

Would be quite interested in doing this myself, if ya go for it ya have to let us all see how it goes :happy:

7. Rastamouse

Rastamouse Welsh Audi Nut

I read up about this on audizine and apparently its quite critical to get then fitted bang on in the headlight,from what i remember reading its a b@*%^*d of a job!!!