Converting 4 seater to a 5 seater ??

crazypainter

Reaction score
Website
www.crazypainter.com
I have a saloon (B6) with a fixed rear bulkhead and the rear seats don't fold down. This is how it came from the factory. I am wondering if its possible to fit a lap belt (or even a three point) and if so whats required to make it legal as its registered as a 4 seat. ??

Any help appreciated...
Thanks

You should have a middle lap belt already as mine has one. It may be tucked away under the seat somewhere.

It's quite common to find that the rears don't fold down, but I thought it was only the cabs that were 4 seaters. Saloon should have a lap belt, even if there's no centre head rest.

How strange. Never seen that anywhere before. But the seat bench just pulls up out of the car (unless the 2 seat bench is dramatically different?) so you could easily have a look to see it a retrofit might be possible.

It's not a great photo, but you can see what is left when the 3 seat bench is removed here: Stripping out the A4 interior | Matt Easom

Looks like the lap belt stuff just bolts onto where your existing seat belts probably attach.

The lap belt and buckle are only bolted down so easy to fit and remove. I would try a local breaker and get the parts.

Check the V5 change of details section, I'm lead to believe that one of the amendments catered for there is a change to the number of seats.

Ok, interesting. Had a look on the DVLA site as well. I wonder if they in turn notify Audi so the records all match up? Thanks for all the info so far, very helpful.