1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Convert Multitronic to Manual??

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by AudiiduA, Aug 3, 2010.

1. AudiiduA

AudiiduA Member

Hi all, can it be done and whats the cost ect? are there any pitfalls?
    Thanks in advance fellas:thumbsup:

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Team Tornado Gold Supporter quattro Black Edition Audi S4

Wouldn't even go there.

4. Woorlord

Woorlord shifting to Hyperspace... .
    VCDS Map User

Lot of wiring changes to remove the Multitronic ECU - I am basing this on the Tiptronic which has it's own ECU under the main Engine ECU in the plenum chamber.
    A very big job I think.

5. jdp1962

Staff Member Moderator Team Tornado Gold Supporter quattro Black Edition Audi S4

Not to mention new gearbox, new flywheel, new clutch, new pedal assembly etc....

6. AudiiduA

AudiiduA Member

There goes that then!!!!!! May have to sell as Mrs now totally refuses to drive it as she drove it for the first time this week and says she nearly had 3 accidents! lol. she's never drove Auto before and keeps going to change gear only to hit the brake and had an HGV lock his brakes behind her! sooo pi**ed off may have to sell!!!!!

7. scott b

scott b Active Member
    VCDS Map User

way way to much effort, me mate tried to convert his auto 5 series to manual, needless to say its still an auto

8. jdp1962

I'm guessing she didn't come with you on the test drive, and wasn't consulted on the decision to buy it.

Here's an idea. Instead of rushing to sell the car - or worse still, contemplating bizarre notions of converting it to a manual - why not go out together, find some quiet roads where you wife can practice driving the automatic, with you there to guide her and build her confidence?

9. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Easier to swap the box out surely!

;)

AR-rkon likes this.
  10. AudiiduA

AudiiduA Member

Since i became a driving instructor! she refuses to drive with me as passenger! been like it for years, says im a bad passenger?? mmm??lol
    and i sort of consulted her about the purchase as i bought it for her really as she has always loved them! showed her pics ect,but missed out the bit about auto!!!! thought she would be fine, i did run her through it several times but she wouldnt allow me to sit in with her!
    almost 3 crasheds caused in 3 days????? now wont even entertain the idea and telling me to sell and get a manual, end of!!!
    be almost inpossible for me to find one as clean condition, its staggering!