1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conversion from Symphony II

markae Aug 30, 2007

1. markae

markae New Member

Hi everyone,

I have just registered for the first time and I'd like to start by saying how much I appreciate the fine work of Audi - I believe they have the best range of cars out there at the moment. I'm on my third. They exude quality.

Anyway - to the point..

I have a Symphony II 6CD changer in my 2004 A4 Cabriolet. Ideally, I'm looking to have an iPOD connected but I have a car phone cradle which I need to keep in place and it will be too cluttered to have another cradle. The other option is to have the iPOD in the glovebox but I would want to control my iPOD and see all of my collection without going into the glovebox and that is not possible.

Any other ideas?

If I forget my iPOD, I'm thinking about banging a Symphony III stereo into the car and using the MP3 function - it will let me have far more music than my CD changer and it looks far nicer than Symphony II. Does anyone know if I need any fascia adapter or any other adapters to do this??

Thanks in advance,

Mark

2. Nelson15

Nelson15 Member

Get a bluetooth phone kit, then use an ipod cradle? Probably cheaper than a new stereo in the end...

3. markae

markae New Member

Yes - I think you are right. I'll rip out the phone cradle and retain the bluetooth option and put an iPOD cradle in.

Cheers,

Mark