Conversion from pre-facelift double grill bumper to facelift S-line bumper

Ok so is anyone selling a bonnet specifically model no. Suggested above and also an sline bumper?

Mine is a late 2005 S Line with twin grills. I have a 2007 S3 front bumper and grill to go on.

Depending if you have xenons (I have so needed washer jet holes), you will need the front Bumper (S Line or S3), Fog Lights and Fog surrounds (these are different from ours) and the single grill to fit which ever bumper you get and of course the bonnet.

Ive not done mine yet, its nearly there, just wanting a bonnet and get in the paint shop. I went for the S3 because there were no S Lines coming up on Ebay with washer jet holes.

Ok, I have xenons but no washer jets so I probably won't bother with them. I'm still unclear though. If I get the s3 bumper does it matter what year as long as it's from a single grill model ?? Also if u have the later 05 urs is a slightly newer model than mine so does that matter?? Will our parts fits the same?

as long as they are the prefaclift single grill it has curvy edges and not te one like im fitting

DSCF0087.jpg

How come you have zenons and no washers??? Were they fitted after or has the bumper been replaced at some point??? Thought you had to have washers if xenons are there.

If you look at the facelift S Lines and S3 (roughly 2009 some very late 2008 I think too) then the lower 'splitter' part of the bumpers are far more pronounced, where as the ones we are after are not.

220619500250 or 160413639261 this is a 2009 (Facelift). Look under where the fogs go, its very pronounced (sticks out)

320534027705 this is the S3 2007, again look below the fogs and it less pronounced.

Sure someone will explain it far far better than me but its how I eventually got it right lol

Cool well I'll consider it. Good price so I'll have to buy the sline badge and the audi logo??

Cool well I'll consider it. Good price so I'll have to buy the sline badge and the audi logo??

you can probably use your exisitng audi badge but yes you will need an sline badge if you don't have one already. It just clips in, postage will be by interlink assuming your within standard shipping zones :)

Sarah - not sure about zenons actually, bought the car that way. In fact how do I k ow whether I have washers anyway?? How do I get it to work if I do have em?? Also do I need the bumper u suggested, the s3 2007??

Picked up my S-line bumper for my conversion for a steal last night at £51 on ebay.

Now all I need is bonnet, grill, fog lights & fog light surronds.

Does anyone know the part number for the bonnet that they use on sportbacks and 3door models (06-08) I know its the same.

Also will any grill apart from the S3 grill fit the s-line bumper?

Last questions got everything now apart from the fog lights and the fog light plastic holders, has anyone got part numbers and prices?

Thanks

Is it still possible to get the 05-08 bonnet for £178 inc vat anywhere?? I've just rang several Audi dealers and they've all said £220.

i have an single S-line grill for sale if anyone is interested? it's the complete grill, chrome surround, s-line badge and number plate holder....will post the appropriate link in the eBay/classifieds thread

Hey Guys im brand new here and i haven't got a clue how to navigate my way around this website yet or even understand all off the terminology (Confused.com) so i was wondering if someone could give me a good uk website that excepts Pay Pal that's sells OEM Body Styling A3 parts -Xenon Head Lights, Optic Grills and S3 Chrome wing mirrors etc etc... Thank you.

Hey Guys im brand new here and i haven't got a clue how to navigate my way around this website yet or even understand all off the terminology (Confused.com) so i was wondering if someone could give me a good uk website that excepts Pay Pal that's sells OEM Body Styling A3 parts -Xenon Head Lights, Optic Grills and S3 Chrome wing mirrors etc etc... Thank you.

Dont know any website we all tend to use Ebay or just go direct to Audi. Welcome to the forum aswell

RIGHT.... I've read this whole thread and something still isn't clear to me:

Which are the fogs I need???

I have this:

mediaid963812859.jpg

And I want to go to this:

mediaid960555404.jpg

I've got most of what I need and I know I will need s-line fog grilles, but.... can I use my existing fog lights??
I didn't think that I could, but I read somewhere that some single grille 'Sport' bumpers use the same fogs as the s-line bumper. Mine is an 2006 Sport.

Also, are the S3 fogs the same as the s-line fogs?? (just in case I see some S3 fogs for sale).

Also, does any body know the absolutely definite correct part number for s-line fogs?? I've seen a few part numbers hanging about and all are apparently correct??!?!

RETAIL prices inc VAT from Audi are as follows

Sline/S3 fog each £57.35 (2)
Fog plugs each £5.72 (2)
Fog repair wires each about £5.00 (2)

Side impact reinforcement/carrier £56.28

S3 optics grill £234.30
S3 silver grill £134.80
S3 bumper £230.96
S3 fog surround each £20.54 (2)
S3 fog back each £12.69 (2)

Sline optics grill £109.93
Sline silver grill £77.90
Sline number plate surround £40.24
Sline bumper £231.99
Sline fog surround each £20.54 (2)

Sline/S3 bonnet £178.63
Sline badge £9.66

Number in brackets is how many are required

With the 2nd facelift now due out it will be interesting to see what parts are the same.

just a little confused on the prices here. if i wanted the conversion that matt has done (looks great), do i only need to buy all the 's-line' parts? or/and what are the s3 part for - arethe for an s3 front end conversion? i know this may sound like a silly question but can some answer it for me, thanks

Bit of an update from the original thread post back in 2008. I think this maybe one of the few A3's to go through two facelift conversions. I sold the car to a mate who then sold it onto another of our mates. Steady the current owner has just done the latest facelift conversion.

From this

Frontbefore.jpg

To this

CIMG0333.jpg

To this

Picture021.jpg

Reactions: NeilMc1983
Nice update, I thought that was your old car for some reason when I seen pics of UD. Nearly the same progression mine has made, lol.

have found this bumbper for sale part number...
8P4 807 105 not s-line but big grill
can any body tell me the part numbers for the fogs and fog surrounds i have a 54 plate split grill so was wondering if mine will fit

thanks​

Those headlights are insane. How much were u for them if you dont mind me asking?

I'll be selling a big grille bumper (2006 Sport, not s-line) complete with fogs and fog surrounds in a week or two.
Doesn't come with the main grille.

Hey this is my first post the conversation looks fantastic mate I'm in the process of pricing the conversion up for my a3 2.0 tdi 140 se if ya don't mind me asking how much did this roughly cost n where can you get most parts from n is it something the amateur mechanic can do lol
Cheers
Cal

Hey this is my first post the conversation looks fantastic mate I'm in the process of pricing the conversion up for my a3 2.0 tdi 140 se if ya don't mind me asking how much did this roughly cost n where can you get most parts from n is it something the amateur mechanic can do lol
Cheers
Cal

Hi Cal

Price all depends on where you buy the parts and if there new or used. Ebay is a good place to start, pistonheads, salvage/breakers yard, TPS, Classified adds on here or Stoke Audi on here depending how much you got to spend. And its not too hard i had help off my uncle when i done mine. And im no mechanic :laugh:
Good luck and keep us updated on how you get on.

Thanks for the reply mate all helpful am new to this so it all sounds harder than people are saying it seems to be  gonna have a scout around n I'll keep you posted

Thanks for the reply mate all helpful am new to this so it all sounds harder than people are saying it seems to be  gonna have a scout around n I'll keep you posted

Have a look at my thread (link is in my sig). It's got parts and prices for the s-line conversion.
As your car is a split grille you'll need a bonnet too. That'll probably add a couple of hundred quid to the cost.