Conversion from pre-facelift double grill bumper to facelift S-line bumper

Matt,

You've done a great job on the A3. It's set me off, I want to have a go. Are these parts from an 06 A3 S-line? I don't have access to ETKA any chance of posting the part numbers?

What kind of trade discount would you get?

Regards

Jason

It would be a big help if someone could add the part numbers to the list
Thanks

S3 bodykit at the painters so awaiting completion to fit, images when done.

Lol pm you aswell
See i was not going to do this but now i've just ordered s-line bumper and grill :-| lol ahh well only money

Is there anybody around the surrey area who is willing to do this for a reasonable rate ?

I've got an 04 FSI which has the bumper & bonnet stonechipped to death & this would be the ideal replacement.

yeah me, I also have a paint guy in horsham not far from you, 1st work out if the parts arent to much for you then we can chat about doing it cause if the parts put you of then no point going forward hey fella, but I can help without a doubt.

hi, sorry if this is a stupid question but am i right in thinking that the s-line and s3 grills are the same size? for example you could fit an s-line grill to an s3 bumper and an s3 grill to an s-line bumper??
regards
lance

Yes its same size, just a different number of slats on the front of grill from what I remember, if this weather stops being a hurricane I'd finish my s3 skirts aswell.

hi, sorry if this is a stupid question but am i right in thinking that the s-line and s3 grills are the same size? for example you could fit an s-line grill to an s3 bumper and an s3 grill to an s-line bumper??
regards
lance

The S3 grill is smaller in height than the sline so you would end up with a gap at the bottom and the fixings are slightly different

Matt

Hello all, I have looked hight and low for someone that knows what they are talking about in refrence to upgrading the look of the pre facelift 8p audi. am I right in understanding that you can upgrade the pre face lift look (ie double grill shown at the begining of the thread) to the S3 front end? If you have done it can you detail it as efficiently as the face lift upgrade. thank you for your help guys.

welcome to the forum, I've done the s3 front/sides but read the thread fully as Matt has detailed most of the work with S-Line kit that needs doing.

Yes you can NHN on here has done it and im just waiting my parts to get sprayed and then my car will be done. Think its two people who have done the s3 front end upgrad on this site

Ashley

Are the prices in the thred from audi direct or via yourselves at trade? are you able to get them at trade? side skirts look wicked to, audi skirts? only just got my a3, much nicer than my lexus B4. can you view each others car profiles? wanna see every1's handwork.

Hello all, I have looked hight and low for someone that knows what they are talking about in refrence to upgrading the look of the pre facelift 8p audi. am I right in understanding that you can upgrade the pre face lift look (ie double grill shown at the begining of the thread) to the S3 front end? If you have done it can you detail it as efficiently as the face lift upgrade. thank you for your help guys.

Its the same to do the S3 front as my sline as the s3 bumper uses all the same mounting point. You need to use the S3 bumper , fog grills and main grill

welcome to the forum, I've done the s3 front/sides but read the thread fully as Matt has detailed most of the work with S-Line kit that needs doing.

As Hobden says most is in the thread above

Are the prices in the thred from audi direct or via yourselves at trade? are you able to get them at trade? side skirts look wicked to, audi skirts? only just got my a3, much nicer than my lexus B4. can you view each others car profiles? wanna see every1's handwork.

if you read the post with the prices it says Audi retail

The side skirts are the votex ones from Audi, the s3 one are more work as NHN will agree

Did anybody here buy the S3 bumper off ebay the other day. Kinda thought about it but it was hard to see how bad the damamge was to it.

The side skirts are the votex ones from Audi, the s3 one are more work as NHN will agree

Yeah you could say that, lol. price seemed to escalate daily, but got done just the same, think sides cost more than the front, ok not quite as much but man shocked me when I totalled up.

Did anybody here buy the S3 bumper off ebay the other day. Kinda thought about it but it was hard to see how bad the damamge was to it.

I was watching it but decided not to bother as the damage looked quite bad. £100 inc P&P for a bent one or £250 for a new one? No contest really...

does any1 else have problems getting the forum to load? keeps timing out last 2 days. thanx 4 ya help guys. just had mine tinted, only subtle but just gives it a lil edge.

Uh yeah its been doing this for weeks & tbh its getting fecking annoying, its a good forum but its gotta be consistent guys come on, doesnt take this long to swap suppliers surely

there is a complete S3 front on Ebay at the moment for £850! He reckons the bumper costs £1400!

I very much doubt that!!

lol, £1400, lmao, I can talk from actual knowledge, its only gonna be this if it has the headlights, bonnet, grill etc etc, but still 2nd user will never get that kinda price.

mattandrew - can I ask where you got your tints done?

car looks awesome great write up - look foward to your next project

NAME WORTH
* S3 GENUINE FRONT BUMPER £1400
*S3 GENUINE FRONT GRILL £250+
*S3 GENUINE FOG LIGHTS £280+
*S3 GENUINE FOG LIGHT COVERS £80+
*S3 GENUINE HEADLAMP WASHER £150+
YOU DO THE MATHS AND IF YOU DONT BELIEVE YOUR MORE THAN WELCOME TO ASK YOUR LOCAL AUDI DEALER.

This is hugely funny, you do the maths, lol, I'm gonna send him a calculator aswell after he's rung the stealers, lmao think he needs to do this not us, fog lights £300, lol, this guys been doing a robbie fowler & sniffing the pitch white lines

Anyway today I'm happy as I sold my last FBMFSW & now I'm gonna go play with my new bixenon adaptives even if its raining.

Glad you got them sold. Is an expensive upgrade for me do to all the rest of the stuff I'd also need. Just sold my old 1998 A3 for £1800 (finally got round to selling it!!!), might put some of that into my current a3.

what can you put into the 8P from the 8L mate & yeah glad I sold it, a nice guy from Hong Kong also an AS member called Hatmeow I believe, oh that reminds me to email him the tracking info

But already having fun with new lights, some elsa winning needed & wiring changes I guess huh, it might be coding though

Sorry, meant the cash not actual parts lol. I kept seeing your legs on ebay ad for the steering wheel, knew it was yours for sale lol.

Has anyone found a source for the front foglights for 2007 S Line, other than the main dealer, £57 each seems a bit steep.
Thanks

NAME WORTH
YOU DO THE MATHS AND IF YOU DONT BELIEVE YOUR MORE THAN WELCOME TO ASK YOUR LOCAL AUDI DEALER.

This is hugely funny, you do the maths, lol, I'm gonna send him a calculator aswell after he's rung the stealers, lmao think he needs to do this not us, fog lights £300, lol, this guys been doing a robbie fowler & sniffing the pitch white lines.

out of interest, how much is a front bumper for an S3 nowadays, last I remember they were about £230ish? Surely less than £1400????

NAME WORTH

This is hugely funny, you do the maths, lol, I'm gonna send him a calculator aswell after he's rung the stealers, lmao think he needs to do this not us, fog lights £300, lol, this guys been doing a robbie fowler & sniffing the pitch white lines

I see the list has ended early due to error in the listing :haha:

ye error in his intelligence you mean, idiot, lmao, I mean please I even sent him message saying your talking BS mate I know for sure it isnt £1400 for a bumper

dont worry I put your name anyway, lol, lol