Conversion advice needed!

StolenRecovered

Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm in need of a bit of advice regarding a conversion I'm planning. I've recently turned 20 an I'm planning on buying a diesel 2005/06 a3 sportback. I've got in mind a few mods I've planned and was wondering if anybody had any advice or warnings or any guides on how to carry them out.

The mods I've planned are:
- 2011 black edition bumper and grille
- 2011 headlamps with DRL's
- 2011 facelift back bumper
- Facelift LED tail lights
- flat bottom multi function steering wheel with rns-e sat nav

Now I've priced this up and it works out much cheaper than buying an actual black edition a3. My biggest question would be weather the parts swap straight over or is the plan doomed from the start. Any advice would be appreciated guys!

Dont u need bonnet and wings for 06->11? Bonnet at least.

Tons of people have done these facelifts, so doable, you just might need extra stuff and weird stuff you never even knew existing if u are doing LED conversion and MF/FBSW.

There are loads of threads knocking around covering it.

Dont u need bonnet and wings for 06->11? Bonnet at least.

Tons of people have done these facelifts, so doable, you just might need extra stuff and weird stuff you never even knew existing if u are doing LED conversion and MF/FBSW.

There are loads of threads knocking around covering it.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yeah I though the bonnet may be an issue so I thought I'd confirm that. My friend who recently converted his golf to a gti gave me the same advice about the weird extra stuff like clips and connectors and housings and such. That should be too much of a problem. My biggest worry is wether or not the bumpers and wings will just fit straight on

Also I'm a little confused as multiple threads have mentioned a3's from 2006 onwards. I seem to recall my brother owning an 05 plate sportback a3 which had the "open mouth" single grille as standard. Is there any difference between that and the 06 model

Back end is fine, but fronts a different ball game, bonnet, wings, lock carrier, lock, headlights, bumper, lock cable, bonnet hinges, arch liners, grill, front bumper valance, headlight brackets, wing brackets & other parts.

The list that's been detailed on a thread somewhere isn't complete at all.

Also I'm a little confused as multiple threads have mentioned a3's from 2006 onwards. I seem to recall my brother owning an 05 plate sportback a3 which had the "open mouth" single grille as standard. Is there any difference between that and the 06 model

05 Sportback had the 1 big grill, 05 Hatchback has the split grills.
From 55 (2006) they both have big grills.
Its the same bumper.

if you have the money do it, but personally all the A3 range look outstanding and being 20 having an audi to start with is a great start in motoring.

Reactions: leeds2592
Apart from the parts,the other problem might be your insurance company.

They seem to regard everything as a modification now,and charge according to how the wind blows.

Cost it up before buying anything.

to go from a 2005/2006 to a 2011 there is a big cost and a big parts list you need to get. i did this myself on my Sportback last year.

have a look at the thread where i did mine for a rough idea: http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...ve-done-few-things-what-journey-its-been.html

Hi

Thanks your threads made for interesting reading. Your audi looked amazing when it was done! I've noticed you fitted the new wings straight back on. Did the facelift wings need any alteration or did they go straight on? Also which garage did you use in birmingham? As a friend of mine named Waqar recently carried out an RS3 rep as mentioned in your thread lol!

U know Waqar? Yeah he helped me organise bits from TPS in Birmingham as my London account doesn't work there. Top guy!
ask Waqar as he knows exactly where the garage is... Met me there a few times when I went up.
also check out my blog (link in sig) there is loads of stuff in there

U know Waqar? Yeah he helped me organise bits from TPS in Birmingham as my London account doesn't work there. Top guy!
ask Waqar as he knows exactly where the garage is... Met me there a few times when I went up.
also check out my blog (link in sig) there is loads of stuff in there

sorry about the late reply. Yeah waqars a good friend and colleague of mine. We spent some time catching up and talking about your car. Hopefully I'll start buying parts over the coming months and you'll be seeing more of me on the forum!

Have you bought the base car yet mate?

not just yet mate. Still getting my budget together and then I'm planning on running the car stock for a few months. But I might start buying a few parts here and there if I see a few bargains, rather than paying top whack at the time

not just yet mate. Still getting my budget together and then I'm planning on running the car stock for a few months. But I might start buying a few parts here and there if I see a few bargains, rather than paying top whack at the time
Long shot, but i think i was chatting to you on the phone a few days ago?