convenience modual

brownie 25

Reaction score
hi all, basically my key fob has not worked since i got the car, now the windows have stopped working,reading through some threads about this problem i pulled the carpet in the passenger footwell to see if the convenience mod is wet or anything but i cant find anything that even resembles it.
any help or pics to where it is exactly would be great.
tks

theres a common fault with this car and it happend to me. the wiring loom in the drivers door ie the loom that comes from the car not the loom on the door panel is broken. the loom plugs into the door pillar and goes through a rubber sleeve into the door. between the pillar and the door indide the rubber sleeve the wire breaks and causes all sorts of faults. i bought a new loom from TPS 71 quid, and fitted it and that was the end of the problem.

Convenience Module is under the passenger seat near the front of it and to the outside of the car - follow the big loom of wires from the A-pillar kick panel back.

tks lads
i tried the wires going into the door and it looks ok i just want to to check the c module to see if it got wet or something.want to try a few things first before i have to bring it to a garage.

good to hear your loom is ok mate but you might end up wishing it was the loom lol..

i had well actually still have similer problems and it is the loom on first check it looked fine till i took the cable off and pulled loads of loose cable through peeled the rubber as far back as i could get it and hey presto fudged wires!!!

one wire has also come out the plug and wont go in so need a new loom!!

yeah mate you have to really give it a good going over to see the fault. i took my loom out to look at it.

so do i take off the door card and strip back all the rapping around the wires. normally when you put the key into the drivers door and hold it one way all the windows will go down this doesn't happen now either.

theres a fair chance it could be the loom mate. if you can take the loom out then you can look at it propper. it comes out through the hole in the door where the rubber sleeve is when you disconect it and pull the plug out of the a post.

You may also need to check that one but it is most likely to be the one from the car piller to the door as its the one that bends every time the door is opened or closed. I also had a problem here on my previous A4 I managed to do a wire repair and sleaved it all with shrink wraps.

Also why is the passenger one not working with the switch on that door but does with switch on the drivers door

thats what i have been saying, to check the wire thats inside the sleeve cause thats were it breaks. the loom on the drivers door controls a lot of things and it being broke can affect all doors. like i say to check the loom propper its better to take the loom out of the door cause it is awkward if you dont.

Last edited:
back again,
haven't took the loom out yet but b4 i do i have another problem,as i said b4 my key fob doesn't work so when i turn the key in the door it wont open the boot but it did b4 the windows stopped working all so when i turn the key to open the door it only opens that door but if i lock it again and then open it all door open except boot so ime thinking its not a broken wire

honestly mate check the loom first then worry about the boot.

ok so i removed the door card and speaker i pulled the wire through and striped it back about 6 inches from where it comes through into the door,all the wires were fine,there was a small bit of wet on the lowest part of the wire nearest the bottom of the door but the wire wasn't broke so that shouldn't matter should it.

sonds good mate about the wires but some of them break and the outer lining looks ok. looks like its your module, what a c..t its a pitty it wasnt your loom..

sonds good mate about the wires but some of them break and the outer lining looks ok. looks like its your module, what a c..t its a pitty it wasnt your loom..

I agree if it is your module gone you will wish it was the loom, mine cost nearly £600 altogether trying to find out what the problem was and getting it sorted. I dont like saying get it done at audi but it would have been cheaper for me because i got it fitted at a garage but still had to take it to audi to have my key fobs programmed to the car which was £115+vat at audi for 5 mins work i kid you not. Good luck

Jay

can someone literally take me by the hand and show me where the module is i cant find it at all.mine is a 2.5 q s if that makes any difference

Under the passenger seat I think, you might need to remove the seat and peel back the carpet.

CCM.jpg

cheers James,you say passenger seat and the instructions you put up say driver seat is it a trick answer lol.
if i can get a second hand one can i just plug it in and be done or what.

I've not done it so I'm only recalling what I've read - but i do know that Elsawin is for
LHD cars ;)

you don't have to take the seat out. there is a few bits of plastic trim, that need pulling out, ie, the footwell trim and the door shut trim, once they are pulled up, you can reach under the carpet and pull the black box that houses the module out,

I got a new module and went to Audi and asked them to reprogram the new one from the old one, i left the old one plugged in but hanging out from under the carpet, so all they had to do was un-plug it after reading it on there compuer, plug the new one in and re program it, charged me 30 mins labour, i then re fitted the module into the black box and put it back in place and put the trim back on, easy as pie,

cost me about £150 all in,

will a second hand one do or am i better off buying a new one,
where did you buy yours from

^^Did you buy it on e bay or are you selling it on there.do you know what car its from

^^Did you buy it on e bay or are you selling it on there.do you know what car its from

No not selling, i have this one ready to fit to mine so i can code my B7 key fobs as they won't code to my current module.

so are you selling you current module

No i'll wait and make sure the new one does what i want it to do and as haven't got time to fit yet could be a while before i change them, i have just checked on vag-cats and that part number of the ebay link i posted says it is for a b6 but would like to be sure, i have ETCA but can't find it to check maybe someone with it to hand could help.

best thing to do is this, Contact your audi dealer, get the part number from them for your car, search on ebay for the part number, i do have a module that "Might" fit your car but i will need the part number 1st, the One i have is 8E0 959 433 CA FROM A B7, you really need to get the right part number including the last 2 letters or it may go titis up at the programming,
01092010185.jpg

perfect ill ring them monday,if it will suit how much would you be looking for it