1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Control module for injection pump

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by colinr, Jul 31, 2007.

1. colinr

colinr New Member

Hi
    My 99 a6 2.5 tdi cut out yesterday. managed to get it towed home ok.Called a mobile diagnostic mechanic out and it said the control module for injection pump has packed up.

Audi says you have to buy an exchange injection pump+ control unit for 1500 +vat
    Found complete pump and unit in the brakers for 400 +vat

What I need to know is can I just replace the contol module which is bolted on top of the injection pump which is a 5 min job or will I have to replace the whole pump unit ?
  2. enda1

enda1 Member

Got this from elsawin
    For security reasons, in all vehicles as from the 2002 model year the injection pump is integrated in the immobiliser system.
    t When an injection pump has been renewed, it must be re-adapted to the immobiliser (same adaption as when replacing the engine control unit), otherwise the engine will not start.
    In theory a second hand pump should work but the pump has to be timed to the engine. If you pm me with an email i can send you the procedure, but it looks like a replacment pump comes preadjusted to match the timing setting on the engine. Anyway I'll send to you and you can see what you think
  3. colinr

colinr New Member

p.m sent to Enda1