1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Continental Sport Contact 5's are on + Hunter tracking done!

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by mjr901, Nov 11, 2012.

1. veeeight

veeeight I am a very pretty girl

[Nov 25, 2012]
    Although the door sticker reads 42F, I run mine at 38F, this gives a better feel for less under steer, the front of the car is much more planted.

The recommended 42F is so Audi can achieve NEDC fuel economy figures with lower rolling resistance.
  2. mjr901

mjr901 Parts Manager - (Main Dealer)

[Dec 3, 2013]
    Well then, one year on! Tyres are still on, and all good.

The protective bead has really paid off on numerous occasions too, so really worth having in my eyes.

Put them on at 13,500 miles, I'm now sat at 26,700 miles ish.

I swapped front to rear half way through so they are all evenly
    worn.

Probably 4-5mm remaining, which shows they actually have worn better than the harder bridgestones. (although tracking was an issue)

Strangley been driving it very hard all year too, suprised it hasn't gone bang from all the ragging it's had.

I'd buy them again without a doubt.
  3. Sidhu88

Sidhu88 Active Member

[Dec 3, 2013]
    Not hard enough! I was done with my set including front/rear swaps after 14.5K. PD170 though. I'm on my second set of Conti's, i went for Audi fitment instead of mercedes fitment this time and they feel different weirdly enough, and alot of me feels like the MO's have more grip in both wet and dry, on the new set of AO's i'm still breaking traction in second in the wet. I hardly had any slip in first in the wet on the MO's.
  4. mjr901

mjr901 Parts Manager - (Main Dealer)

[Dec 3, 2013]
    The weight of the heavier Diesel engine on the front wheels! must be! Haha

I went MO version, can't complain.

I will no doubt delve in to a different tyre next time just for sh1ts and giggles. Depends on the deals early next year. Maybe the eagle F1's, who knows...........

So far though, Conti 5's are my fav.

ive be been through 4 sets of bridgestones, 1 set of PS3's and a set of Toyo proxies T1-R's.

I rank them as follows, Conti 5, a very close Michelin PS3's, Bridgestones and toyo's last.
  5. Sidhu88

Sidhu88 Active Member

[Dec 3, 2013]
    I considered the eagles but after a bit of research the general rating was in the favour of the conti's. I think the eagles are better for fuel rating but that led me to believe they may be a harder compound. I'd say go with the MO's again if you do go for the contis
  6. S3_Jacko

S3_Jacko Well-Known Member

[Dec 4, 2013]
    I'm running the conti 5's at present, had potezas on before that, pzero rossos before that... No complaints really on any of them, all been good... Eagle F1's for me next... Then after that, choose the best from them.. like the contis though, i'm sure they not designed specifically in mind for all wheel drive cars, or am I talking nonsense, i'm sure I read that somewhere?
  7. s3_sid

s3_sid Active Member

[Dec 4, 2013]
    im more than happy with my conti 5's have them on the front and hankook evo 12's which do the job as they are grippy enough but you can get them to slide when you want :happy: