1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Considering remap any thoughts?

kevlil Jul 4, 2011

1. kevlil

kevlil New Member

Hi Guys
    i am having a new turbo fitted as i write this and am considering a remap, firstly can anyone recommend a remapper in Norfolk/ Suffolk? Secondly do i need to change any other parts? you ve probably been asked this question many times before...................!

My car is a A4 B7 2.o tdi s line quattro 07

thanks

Kev

2. Cribbon

Cribbon Member

i heard people have problem with remaps on the tdi b7 im looking at getting one and although some are say £330-£400 they dont removed disel particulating filter! so worth looking into it! i know one company who do it and replace the pipe! thats if yours is a 170bhp

OEM look De-DPF For Longitudinal Engines Package - JBS

3. hades-

hades- Yorkshire & Humber Rep. Regional Rep VCDS Map User

have it done you'll love it

4. Macdoon

Macdoon Well-Known Member Team Ibis Gold Supporter Audi A4 S-line owners group

Hi Bez

Are you running a remapped 170

Mac

5. hades-

not at the min im running stage 3 fsiT
    but 1 i sold a few mth ago was mapped for over 2 years and 60k and never a problem with it

6. Macdoon

Macdoon Well-Known Member Team Ibis Gold Supporter Audi A4 S-line owners group

Revo or APR, can you recall the gains bhp/nm

7. hades-

i dont pay revo ect prices
    i use a lad that gets them from the ppl that do code
    was around 220hp

8. bert-a4

bert-a4 Member

The dpf failed on me last year and was put with a potential bill of over £1000 by Audi.. After doing research on the net I found out that it was likely the dpf was going to miserably fail again and that dpf removal would be a viable solution.. After all the dpf will significantly decrease the performance, power and fuel economy.. Paid £250 to MAS performance up north for dpf removal and remap.. Best thing ever.. Would recommend it 110%

9. rizzini7

rizzini7 Active Member VCDS Map User

10. Dazmo

Dazmo Active Member

Had mine remapped some years ago.

Never had the DPF removed tbough and the car is pushing 270-275bhp with approx 600nm of torque on my 3.0 TDi Quattro

After reading this post i may get my DPF removed and have it remapped again, im sure it could go to 300bhp.

11. *Adam

*Adam Member

I didn't think the 3.0 v6 engines had a DPF.

12. Dazmo

Dazmo Active Member

Unfortunately it does!

13. trail_biker

trail_biker New Member

Rizzini7, How did your remap go? I am not to far away from Norwich and am looking to have my 2.0 TDI 140 sorted - did APT do a good job?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  14. rizzini7

rizzini7 Active Member VCDS Map User

just pm'd you mate