Considering a change?

JimC64

Reaction score
Well, I think after 7 long but happy years it may be time for a change!

I'm seriously considering this, a Jaguar 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign LWB Auto.

Its in more or less mint condition, one previous owner with 60k miles and FSH, 12 month warranty, 6 months RFL and serviced around 500 miles ago

Std form gives 204bhp, but I'll be looking at a remap to around 260bhp more or less immediately, possibly a dark smoked window tint and maybe dvd headrests upgrade.

Quite excited but yet sad at the same time
approve.gif
scared.gif
Screem.gif
grouphug.gif
approve.gif
approve.gif
approve.gif
the emoticons probably adequately describe it I guess....lol

Having checked out what I can get for my A6 ....

which is not a lot, I think I'll be keeping her too.

At 110k miles she's still in great shape, doesn't cause too many problems and I've invested just wayyyy too much time n money to give her away.

So it looks like I'll be giving her ( with a heavy heart ) to my wife
I don't know who's more scared, her or me, cos god forbid she comes home with an alloy trashed or doesn't keep it in immaculate condition - What am I saying, that'll be down to me anyway.
So she may stay in the family and instead, we'll move the Passat along.

A really nice 53 plate ( 30/12/2003 ) with my old A6 TT Trapeze wheels on, good tyres, about 11months Mot and 3-4 months tax that has hardly missed a beat....I'mm getting the rear parking sensors fitted tomorrow, so she should be golden after that.

I'll keep you all updated

Cheers

Jim

Reactions: Tuddie
nice motor but would hate to try and keep that interior clean, seen a few cream interiors over the years and they look a bit on the grimy side, even after a good detail. Good luck whatever you choose.

Thanks for the kind comments.

Rest assured that the interior will be clean enough to eat your dinner off.......Tbh I'm a little anal that way I guess

Cant see the pics on work pc Jim but it reads like itll be a nice motor! Least you dont have to sell your car so you will always be in contact with it. Sometimes a change is good and im sure youll love the Jag that V6 is very smoooth sounding, one goes up my street alot and has a nice wee v6 grunt sound to it.

Cant see the pics on work pc Jim but it reads like itll be a nice motor! Least you dont have to sell your car so you will always be in contact with it. Sometimes a change is good and im sure youll love the Jag that V6 is very smoooth sounding, one goes up my street alot and has a nice wee v6 grunt sound to it.

Thanks for the positive comments....

Yes its a lovely motor, still trying to get all the toys sorted in my head, memory mirrors / seats, compass in rear view mirror, rear entertainment system,ACC, ASL, interior mood lighting, and more.

Gave her a wash today and wowwwww......its such a HUGE car, took forever lol.......I had washing my A6 down to an art but my arms were falling off after this!!

A few little bits to pay attention to, then maybe just maybe a few mods....

I'm tinkering with the calipers in RED but done tastefully, possible dark smoke window tints, get my private plate on with brand new plates, the usual valve caps, andsome really great Gliptone leather cleaner conditioner to feed the leather.

I used an A/C bomb on her today to freshen that up, am also considering an engine oil change, gearbox fluid change for peace of mind as well as air & fuel filter replacement.

Also as below, the engine cover....
I've painted the JAGUAR lettering in high temp RED as per the pic of my sons X type below, nice touch on opening the bonnet to view that lovely V6 engine I thought

A6 Looks liek a beaut!! Your choice ultimately but I would get another audi hehe!

A6 Looks liek a beaut!! Your choice ultimately but I would get another audi hehe!

Hmmmmm........I washed and emptied the A6 today and gave her a quick detail.............she still looks great!!

I'll be re doing the hubs / calipers tomorrow to really make the alloys pop once again and she's golden.

Drove her into Glasgow today to drop her off for the wife and really enjoyed it.........have to be honest I'm almost shedding a tear or two, but looking on the bright side she's still in the family.