1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connects2 iPod question

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by glenandem, Jul 28, 2013.

1. glenandem

glenandem Member

[Jul 28, 2013]
    Anyone tried these connects2 units that plug into your cd changer port?
    i was gonna get a parrot 9100 kit but I believe u need another lead for rear amped audi's so thought I might get one of these as there quite cheap and I don't really use the cd changer in the glovebox and I'm not interested in hands free phone, just want the music off my iPhone playing through the car!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. Dan TheMan Welburn

Dan TheMan Welburn Member

[Jul 28, 2013]
    Yeah ive had one in my old leon and golf, worked well good way of having all your music without having to get a better stereo, they do one now that charges your iphone/ipod too, bit more expensive, but theyre well worth the money imo
  4. floatylite99

floatylite99 New Member

[Jul 29, 2013]
    Had one of them in my A4. Worked fine but in the end I changed it for a Dension Gateway as the Connects2 doesn't put the song name on the DIS whereas the Dension does.
  5. glenandem

glenandem Member

[Jul 29, 2013]
    Haha cheers pal, as long as it works ill be happy with it, will it charge the phone up if I get a iPhone 5 lightning lead rather than the headphone lead and can I skip songs using the head unit?
  6. Dan TheMan Welburn

Dan TheMan Welburn Member

[Jul 29, 2013]
    I dont believe the connect2 offers any headunit functionality, you have to control all of your music with the ipod/iphone or aux device, as for the charging i cant really comment as i only ever bought the budget option
  7. glenandem

glenandem Member

[Jul 29, 2013]
    cheers pal, i spoke to anouther guy on this forum who fitted one to his a3 and it will charge the iphone if i use the right lead and i can skip tracks like a cd changer control so that will me im not bothered about song info etc i just want sound!
  8. glenandem

glenandem Member

[Jul 31, 2013]
    Ok guys fitted it today and it just says cdc1 track etc but nothing much else but for £20 I paid for it I'm not bothered as I can skip songs, fast forward and plays nice and clear so I'm chuffed but just got a redundant cd changer now!