1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connectivity Package / Sat Nav Question

Discussion in 'A1 forum' started by Vtec Abuser, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Vtec Abuser

Vtec Abuser Member

[Dec 17, 2013]
    Morning guys,

Wondered if you could help?
    I have recently ordered my wife a new A1 Sportback S-Line Style Edition on a 3 year deal through our usual lease company. To keep the cost down the car is pretty much standard spec, but we have opted for the connectivity package as she does like playing her music etc through bluetooth on her current car.
    Now I am led to believe that with this option we are able to add sat nav as a retrofit, is this correct? If so is it just a simple SD card to enable this to work, or is there more to it than that (dealer software update)? Coming from a VAG background I know that adding sat nav as a retrofit option is always better for the pocket (RNS510 for my Golf etc) and was wondering whether there are any SD Sat Nav cards available elsewhere without getting stung by Audi's prices?

Any help would be appreciated.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 30, 2014]

3. Cruiser89

Cruiser89 Advanced In Car Tech Site Sponsor

[Dec 17, 2013]
    Hey,

As long as you have the Navigation Prep then you can go to your main dealer and get this done. There is no other option as it has to be connected to Germany to be activated online.

You're going to be looking between the region of £500 - £600 depending on the dealer.

No other option at the moment to use any other type of navigation. It's all pretty locked down by Audi unfortunately!
  4. Vtec Abuser

Vtec Abuser Member

[Dec 18, 2013]
    Oh cock!!! Ha.. Worth a try I suppose..

My mate is parts manager at my local Audi garage so I will see what he can sort.

Thanks for the help anyway mate.
  5. creepy coupe

creepy coupe New Member

[Dec 19, 2013]
    I appreciate a heads up if he can come up with a cheaper way.
  6. Drwho

Drwho New Member

[Feb 8, 2014]
    I know that the integrated satnav is more stylish and makes everything look cleaner and everything, but after the pain in the backside that updating it has been I'll never do it again... I bought a big portable one that I can plug into my pc and update in 20 mins
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  7. Chelmersteve

Chelmersteve Member

[Feb 11, 2014]
    You don't need the Connectivity Package to play music through Bluetooth - you get that anyway.
    You do need Connectivity package for Sat Nav prep or if you want to control iPOD throught he car's system