1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connection on a3 sportsback

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by john24susan, Apr 10, 2007.

1. john24susan

john24susan Member

HI, Can any one tell me where the plug in port is for connection for a pc cable in the a3 and can any one tell me what soft wear is required to run a check on my car ie performance and fault finding and long life service rest . many thanks john24susan.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jo_sal77

jo_sal77 No Comment!

Vag Com at the following address - http://www.ross-tech.com/
    There's loads of different types specific for each vehicle. The type I got was a "CAN-BUS" usb lead for the A3-8P model and is compatible with the new Golf range also. See the website for details.

The port is located near the bonet release lever. It will be a black coloured port, looks a little bit like a printer port (sort of).

4. john24susan

john24susan Member

Thanks jo sal77, this is my first thead and i am very impressed how much info is on the forum. Is the port under the plastic cover where the bonet release lever is or is it open to view ?
    My son has a VW polo 1.2, would the softwear be sutible for his car ? 56 plate. thanks john 24susan