1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

confused.com (not the site)

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by nally, Jul 28, 2010.

1. nally

nally MPG the new BPH

[Jul 28, 2010]
    Hi everyone
    love the new site
    need some advice and thoughts please
    i have had my a3 about 6 weeks now and its been great but i relly wanted an sline. but i rushed in to buying the car as i was part xing. i went looking for a golf gt lol. anyway i paid 10600 for an 06 a3 lava grey 140 2.0tdi sport with 38k on the clock. i looked on parkers and i think i paid about the right price ( i hope ?) i really want to do an sline conversion, inc the seats but thinking about it is it really worth it? or should i try and part x again ? i want to al least get an s line bumper
  2. Purple Princess

Purple Princess Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Jul 28, 2010]
    Price up the parts and go from there.

You never know your luck esp on Ebay etc, you may find someone breaking an Sline??

Good luck
    Stacey
  3. matt_white88

matt_white88 Member

[Jul 28, 2010]
    Maybe you should be best part exchanging as by the time you have got the s-line bumper, grill, fogs, s-line seats, s-line wheels, s-line suspension, s-line rear bumper and valance and paint etc your looking at alot of money and hassle. I made the exact same mistake as you but I am almost there with my s-line conversion. If you can afford it do the part exchange.
  4. sub39h

sub39h Active Member

[Jul 28, 2010]
    bugger the S-Line seats. the only difference between yours and the S-Line ones is the embossed leather. if you get 'em retrimmed it won't matter a jot. get the bodykit. parts are relatively easy to find on eBay. i reckon all in you'll be looking at around £2k-£3k to get a full S-Line body kit on it, and maybe another £1k or so getting a retrim
  5. nally

nally MPG the new BPH

[Jul 28, 2010]
    thanks for the encouragments everyone. didnt know its diffrent suspention i though i had the sports one : (. your right on the retrim i just want half leather may look in to retrim
  6. nally

nally MPG the new BPH

[Jul 30, 2010]
    hi guys sline bumper question if i see one for sale most the time they are missing the grill, and fogs,surrounds. will my normal one piece sports grill fit ? will my fogs fit? do i just need the surrounds?
    Cheers
  7. sub39h

sub39h Active Member

[Jul 30, 2010]
    only the grille will fit i'm afraid. need to look for the fogs and surrounds. also i wouldn't bother trying to get hold of S-Line suspension. i used to have an 8P1 Sport so i know it's suspension is tough. the 8P2 S-Line's is a lot better (and handles exactly the same) but you're much better off spending your money on aftermarket suspension. that said, it'll be quite easy to get hold of S-Line suspension as a lot of ppl go down the aftermarket route and then have their OEM stuff to shift
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  8. nally

nally MPG the new BPH

[Jul 31, 2010]
    thats great. wont bother with susspention an in the process of getting my bumpers sorted. just upgraded my five spoke audi wheels( the 17" that look a little like the golf gti ones) i have now got the 08 style ones ( in my avitar) only thing i want is the half leather seats i dont think i am going to get sline badges ( as its not an sline just want it to look like one) plus mr insurance man dosnt know the diffrence. any idear how much the fogs/ surrounds will cost ? ( i may get the red T badge tho and change it on my a3 so it will read T red letter, DI then 2.0