confused.com (not the site)

nally

MPG the new BPH
Reaction score
Hi everyone
love the new site
need some advice and thoughts please
i have had my a3 about 6 weeks now and its been great but i relly wanted an sline. but i rushed in to buying the car as i was part xing. i went looking for a golf gt lol. anyway i paid 10600 for an 06 a3 lava grey 140 2.0tdi sport with 38k on the clock. i looked on parkers and i think i paid about the right price ( i hope ?) i really want to do an sline conversion, inc the seats but thinking about it is it really worth it? or should i try and part x again ? i want to al least get an s line bumper

Maybe you should be best part exchanging as by the time you have got the s-line bumper, grill, fogs, s-line seats, s-line wheels, s-line suspension, s-line rear bumper and valance and paint etc your looking at alot of money and hassle. I made the exact same mistake as you but I am almost there with my s-line conversion. If you can afford it do the part exchange.

****** the S-Line seats. the only difference between yours and the S-Line ones is the embossed leather. if you get 'em retrimmed it won't matter a jot. get the bodykit. parts are relatively easy to find on eBay. i reckon all in you'll be looking at around £2k-£3k to get a full S-Line body kit on it, and maybe another £1k or so getting a retrim

thanks for the encouragments everyone. didnt know its diffrent suspention i though i had the sports one : (. your right on the retrim i just want half leather may look in to retrim

hi guys sline bumper question if i see one for sale most the time they are missing the grill, and fogs,surrounds. will my normal one piece sports grill fit ? will my fogs fit? do i just need the surrounds?
Cheers

only the grille will fit i'm afraid. need to look for the fogs and surrounds. also i wouldn't bother trying to get hold of S-Line suspension. i used to have an 8P1 Sport so i know it's suspension is tough. the 8P2 S-Line's is a lot better (and handles exactly the same) but you're much better off spending your money on aftermarket suspension. that said, it'll be quite easy to get hold of S-Line suspension as a lot of ppl go down the aftermarket route and then have their OEM stuff to shift

Last edited:
thats great. wont bother with susspention an in the process of getting my bumpers sorted. just upgraded my five spoke audi wheels( the 17" that look a little like the golf gti ones) i have now got the 08 style ones ( in my avitar) only thing i want is the half leather seats i dont think i am going to get sline badges ( as its not an sline just want it to look like one) plus mr insurance man dosnt know the diffrence. any idear how much the fogs/ surrounds will cost ? ( i may get the red T badge tho and change it on my a3 so it will read T red letter, DI then 2.0