1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CONFUSED.COM...LOL

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by mary_q, Aug 2, 2010.

1. mary_q

mary_q Member

[Aug 2, 2010]
    Ok guys I'm having HU issues with standard HU in Audi A3 1.8s 1999 plate.

I have the volume issue that from what I've read seems very common. So I found a company (from another thread of this forum) that will reprogramme it and send it back for 140gbp inclusive.

This work is guaranteed for 2 years which is nice to have peace of mind etc.

But I wanna use my IPOD and Andy (the audi guru);) has suggested I use an xcarlink. I didn't even know what one of these things was but after reading it seems just what i need. But everywhere I've seen them they cost a bomb. Do any of you know the best place to pick one up and what sort of price i should be looking to pay?

I don't have a cd player, don't need a usb bit only the aux for ipod. I'm not sure if I have the bose system, but from my car spec as above guessing you lot will probably know already?

Thanks in advance.

MQ
  2. Ads

Ads

[Jan 30, 2015]

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Aug 2, 2010]
    Check ebay for Stafford Audi as they may have new/refurb units for £99 as I got ages ago for my S3 or buy one of ebay as £140 is way to much, I'd sell the unit with fault & buy another.
  4. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Aug 3, 2010]
    You can also get a Connects2 adapter if all you want is AUX In, they are about £30 delivered
  5. mary_q

mary_q Member

[Aug 7, 2010]
    I called up Audi Stafford and also my local one. They can't offer refurbed HU's and want over 400 pounds for the hu :(

Also the guy checked their system and said my car should have a cd player in it as it did when it left the factory.

But when I bought it, its got a tape deck in it... weird eh.

So yeah im still after a HU. This volume issue is killing my driving pleasure.

Any ideas on wehre else I mgiht get one?
  6. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Aug 16, 2010]
    Urmm thats strange as they used to sell them all the time & cheap too on ebay that is, mine was flawless from them.

ebay really is your best place, pay with paypal then will be covered.