Condensation inside 2007 S3 Headlights

prt57

Reaction score
Hi,
Just noticed after a drive in light rain and then washing the car yesterday has produced condensation in my S3 headlights.
As my warranty is running out very soon what is the matter? Has anyone else experienced this and what did Audi do to fix it?
Thinking of the warranty expiring soon, what else should I be checking for?

Peter

I dont know about what Audi could do to fix this? New headlamps I guess?

However, If its still steamed, leave the bulb cover off for abit and it will clear out.

Go for the warranty fix! Wash your car - hose it down or whatever. Get the headlamps showing the problem and fire down to your Audi dealer. Just don't go in the dark when you have to have your headlamps on!!
It won't cost you anything to try!!

Hi,
Just noticed after a drive in light rain and then washing the car yesterday has produced condensation in my S3 headlights.
As my warranty is running out very soon what is the matter? Has anyone else experienced this and what did Audi do to fix it?
Thinking of the warranty expiring soon, what else should I be checking for?

Peter

A lot of cars do this, and as long as they demist after a few minutes of having the lights on, then dealers will do nothing.

My brand new 10 plate S3 delivered on Saturday had misted up in bottom corner of offside head light.

This is quite normal and is mentioned in the Owner's Handbook.....

In cool and damp weather, the inside of the headlights, turn signals and rear lights can sometimes mist up, due to the temperature difference between the interior and exterior of the car. This should clear again partially or completely soon after you switch on the headlights. This phenomenon has no influence on the life expectancy of the vehicle lights.

Always going to be a problem with any car, warranty won't be any good for this problem

I have a 09 59 plate S3 with the same problem. Took it back to my local dealership at the turn of the year.
They informed me that they are aware of the problem, & they give the headlights a certain time to demist, 30 mins from memory.
If they clear after that time with the headlights on they wont do anything about it, if not they wil replace the headlights.
Having said that, since the small rise in ambient temperature, mine have been fine.

mine does this after washing the car , i give them a blow over with a hair dryer before putting it back in the garage , no problem