1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Condensation in the Light clusters?

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Block 405, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Block 405

Block 405 Member

[Jan 19, 2007]
    Am considering upgrading my front lights but noticed last night there's some condensation build up inside the housing. Is this something I can sort out or is it covered under my 1 year audi appoved warranty
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 24, 2014]

3. Randomjim

Randomjim Active Member

[Jan 19, 2007]
    Leave your headlights on for a while, the heat should sort them out.
  4. Caesium

Caesium My BM is fixed!

[Jan 19, 2007]
    get the car back to them and don't listen to any porus plastic ****, get them dried out or replaced.
    Putting on the headlights wont always get rid of condensation, all it does it gets the water hot and vapourises it, as the headlights are supposed to be sealed the vapour has nowhere to go so when it cools, it reappears.
    If it had somewhere to go i.e. a vent, then water would just get back in. Use the warranty, thats what its for.
  5. pav-g

pav-g Member

[Jan 19, 2007]
    I totally agree if theyre under warranty take them back - thats the whole purpose of having a warranty and dont let them fob you off.

pav-g
  6. scoTTy

scoTTy Active Member

[Jan 19, 2007]
    It's an Audi policy .... and also a BMW one not to change them as they say it's not a fault.

p.s. They are vented.
  7. vanbasten

vanbasten Member

[Jan 20, 2007]
    After retrofitting H.I.D.'s to my A4, I'm suffering from this too.

Going to sort it today though by removing lights, taking out all the bulbs and drying the inside of the lights with a hairdryer - hopefully it'll work!!